Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any coon' hunters out there?!?! >

Any coon' hunters out there?!?!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any coon' hunters out there?!?!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any coon' hunters out there?!?!

Just wondering if anybody has been coon' hunting and how much luck they are having!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any coon' hunters out there?!?!

See them all the time..even one that I thought was a small black bear. lol

I also hit a couple last week within 15' of each other...if that counts for anything. [8D]
Old 10-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

not exactly what i was looking for, but thats alright i guess. We've shot around 20 this season, so hopefully it starts to pick up.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

i dont often go with dogs but i trap them like crazy
Old 10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Spike

We have shot over 60 already this year. The first week was real good but the last few days have been real slow around here.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

we've got 30 but we can only hunt weekends. We got 13 sat night. Thats out best night of the year.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Our season doesn't start til the 10th, but have seen a good bit of coon in our area. Hosting a poundage hunt on the 11th if anyone is intersted, send me a pm.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntboy, you killed 13 in one night? Either you guys are hunting dusk to dawn or your spot lighting 'em. Used to be a big time coon hunter but gave it up about 9 years ago. I miss it more than anything. Being out all night hunting didn't settle well with the new Mrs. back then. Plus competion hunting got to be so cut-throat it took the fun out of it for me. That was when PKC was starting to get big and more money was getting envolved. Seemed like at least on guy out of the cast was a real jerk with a fighting dog. You guys get after them this season and have a blast!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

season just started today in iowa but my dog died last winter hopefully will get one this spring for next year thereare a ton of them around here13 in one night is darn good best i ever did was with my dad about 10 years ago we got 11 inabout 5 hours we had a hell of a walker and he treed one tree with 3 in it and one with 5 and 3 singles miss that old dog but good luck to you all this year have fun
Old 11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to go all of the time, but lately I have become so obsessed with deer hunting, that it doesn't leave much time for getting out in the woods with the dogs. I will usually go out about 4 or 5 times with my young Plott, and go a few times with my dad and his old dog.

Quick Reply: Any coon' hunters out there?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.