Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

yea i didnt pat i was planning on giving him to the guy or another guy so i was like ok I know what you are saying BHG i have acorns falling like crazy and last night a doe got to close and picked me off by my movement
Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM

Well, in that aspect, I'm lucky, the tree I have my buddy stand on is so big around that I have plenty of room to roam without getting "caught", I mean I stood up, turned around, grabbed my bow which I had laying across the top bars of my stand, hooked on my release, shifted my feet... never detected me. I just figure it's early enough in the year and I was simply thrilled to see a deer because I really didn't expect to see anything tonight with it being so hot.

Kinda a good thing I didn't shoot I guess, cuz he woulda had to stay overnight since hubby works 3rd and at 7 months pregnant I can't exactly drag my own deer right now... lol... it's gonna be hot enough tomorrow that he couldn't of sat long either, I woulda been really ticked if I'd have gotten him and the meat spoiled.

IHubby says he'll be back, I'm sure he will, I'm not too worried about it though, like I said, plenty of season left and plenty of other deer around.He was different though, not a "trophy" buck, but unique, and I like that. I have never had a deer any closer than 25 yards to my stand so I was pumped, it was so cool to watch him saunter around having no idea he was being watched! LOL
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

Firday morning nothing. Friday evening i saw 15. 5 of which were bucks 2of those were right at their ears. 1 other one was past his ears about 2 inches on each side but had not length. I watched them. S
Sat. moring 1 doe Sat evenig same stand as Friday. 15 again 3 bucks nothing big
Sunday a.m. 1, 10 point just out to his ears. Sunday evening different stand 28 deer. 4 bucks plus 2 others fighting behind me. At one point I had 12 in my 3 acre alfalfa field at the same time.

I ended up seeing 60 in 3 days. If the a.m. would get better I would be a happy hunter.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thats great to hear Parrotim at manchester college right now
Old 10-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the mercury is about to drop in a day or so..thank God! This coming weekend I'm set to go hunting (IF we get our stuff moved in during the week).
Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 PM

Well, Pat, we better block you from this site then... only way you'll get moving and packing done!

Heard two, but only saw one tonight, and that was from my walk to the stand. One I saw was a decent buck on the other side of the creek from me, bolted towards my stand, but he probably ended up in the corn field. Second one bolted towards the other stand, which is off limits for me this year, couldn't even get a glance, brush was too thick.

I'm looking forward to the temp drop. I'm bout sick of sweating my tooshie off every night. I probably won't get out again until Friday. I'm exhausted from two days in a row, I've got to get some rest, my legs feel like Jell-O.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I'm really looking foward to are the high winds Wed-Fri supposedly. Up to 30mph gusts should really blow some leaves off the trees.

Don't tell me my business about blocking me from this site! Got the woman and her brother moving a few small things...only stuff left would be bedroom/living room stuff, and stove/fridge/washer/dryer. We don't own a whole lot of stuff..but moving into a house with a ton of space.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

What I'm really looking foward to are the high winds Wed-Fri supposedly. Up to 30mph gusts should really blow some leaves off the trees.

Me too. They are saying snow on thursday and low of 29 on friday, very windy those days as well. I will probably get in the woods next week.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 AM

That's it, Pat, it's for your own good, I'm emailing Justin... you are getting BANNED!!! [8D]

The winds will be nice... the leaves are the only reason I couldn't get a shot Sunday night. There are downsides to the wind though too... I personally won't hunt with winds over 20mph. I tried it all season last year, seemed every day was windy, and I saw NOTHING on those days besides the fact I froze to the bone and nearly blew out of my stand numerous times. I like a slight breeze, even one that sway my stand a little, but when my stand is rockin' like a baby cradle, I'm out of there!
I also have a really good tree in front of my stand that blocks the view of my stand from incoming deer, allows me a little more movement when my butt is numbing up... lol, once those leaves are down, I lose some cover.

Of course, with the cold temps is coming rain/snow mixture, I'm not going out in that either. So... looks like Friday may be the first day back out... and maybe Saturday. I'm kinda excited because since hubby filled his buck tag, I think he may sit with me. I love it when he sits with me... an extra pair of eyes to pick out the ear and tail flickers in the tall set aside field!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

monster10,

MU is a very nice campus. When I was at Indiana W. playing basketball we played them every year. The next year I was an assistant coach and at that time Steve ALford was the coach there I got to know him pretty well through scouting and recruiting and exchanging tapes. He was a very nice guy.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.