Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri Public Land Archery >

Missouri Public Land Archery

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri Public Land Archery

Old 09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
VP

Default Missouri Public Land Archery

Anyone have any recomendations on some of Missouri's public land for an archery hunt. A few friends and myself are looking to head up their in November for a week. I've been looking at some of the public hunting areas and was amazed at all of the public ground they've got.Surely with all of that they have some areas that are Archery only that dont get alot of pressure. If you have any experience with any of them I would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 03:29 PM

Default RE: Missouri Public Land Archery

There is quite a bit of muzzleloader and archery only areas in Vernon county. My dad and I and3-4 other guys will be at Schell-Osage from 11/4-11/10 bowhunting then we go to a private area where we gun hunt when it opens on 11/11.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:08 AM

Default RE: Missouri Public Land Archery

Where in Missouri wil you be based out of?

We used to hunt Daniel Boone forest when we were hunting public areas some years ago... we did not see much hunting pressure at all during archery season and pretty much had the entire area to ourselves.... a pleasant surprise, considering that trying to hunt the same area during firearms meant running into hunters (and in some instances, the term"hunters" would have to be applied very loosely!) constantly.

We have also archery hunted north-central Missouri public areas more recently withexcellentresults and very little hunter pressure.

You should have a great time! Good luck and good hunting!