Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Deer Hunting near Allendale/Grand Rapids, MI >

Deer Hunting near Allendale/Grand Rapids, MI

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Deer Hunting near Allendale/Grand Rapids, MI

Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Default RE: Deer Hunting near Allendale/Grand Rapids, MI

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Uphunter, I live in Allendale and not much here but if you put in alittle time knocking on doors you can find some spots around Coopersville area it is only about 15 mins north. I have hunted there for years on a small farm and have seen some bucks that will go from 120-150 there.. Walt
Maybe we can become hunting partners one day...
Old 08-20-2006, 07:55 PM

If you cant find any private land, you could hunt the gravel pits along the grand river in Robinson township. Its about a 10-15 min. drive from grand Valley.....tons ofstate land.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

I go to school at Ferris State in Big Rapids and the deer hunting is pretty good up there. I'm not sure about any state land however because I hunt private property there but I do see quite a few deer around the area.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:02 AM

Hello,
I live an hour north of Grand Rapids and the hunting is excellent!! Montcalm county and the state land hunting is incredible. If your serious about bagging a buck let me know and I can lead you to success. I hunt everyday from October 1st. For a free opportunity give me a ring 989-763-0259 ask for Clint
Old 09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm not to sure about those countys but in Jackson , Hillsdale and Washtenaw theres plenty of state and public land to hunt.
Why don't you get a Michigan Atlas & Gazetteer by DeLorme it's a big paper back book of the whole entire state.
Page after page of detailed maps of every county and it show GPS grids , you can buy this just about any where thats sells sporting goods.
Good luck to ya and have a safe and successful hunt , oh by the way if you need a place to hunt you can join me if you would like.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

i hunt the barry county state game area see plenty of deer out there and its not that far away maybe 45 min but all you gotta do is look around at the state game area in this area and find a spot you like my cousin hunts ionia alot to