Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 SILVER SPRINGS HUNTING AREA N. ILLINOIS >

SILVER SPRINGS HUNTING AREA N. ILLINOIS

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

SILVER SPRINGS HUNTING AREA N. ILLINOIS

Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 PM

Default SILVER SPRINGS HUNTING AREA N. ILLINOIS

Hi all,

Has anyone ever hunted Silver Springs controlled pheasant hunts near Yorkville. If so, any information you can pass along would be appreciated. I am really interested in know if standbys usually get on. If so, do you have a better chance of getting on if you go really early or does it really matter? How is the cover there and is it a good challenge for the dogs?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SILVER SPRINGS HUNTING AREA N. ILLINOIS

Yes, I go there many times a season. I have never gone standby, but have heard mixed results, just depends on how many no-shows they have. Better chance to get in on real bad weather days. I believe they just put names in a drawing so I don't think getting there real early would help. The cover is decentbut it's a real easy hunt.It never takes more than an hour to limit out. Great workout for you and your dog though. Good Luck
Old 12-28-2005, 07:26 AM

Thanks SuperRedHawk, really appreciate your response- exactly the info I was looking for.

Mybuddy and Iaregoing to try and go this Saturday and hope to get on- I have a 11 month old Boykin Spaniel and really want him to get some experience hunting in the field. I am debating between Silver Springs and Des Plained Wild Life Area in Wilmington, but Silver Springs is a little closer to me.

Thanks Again
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

No prob. I would try getting in myself on Saturday, but I'm gonna head down south in search of a New Years archery buck
Here's a sample of what it looks like.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:36 PM

Hey
There are a coupla really good ares west of dixon on rt 30.I cannot remeber the names but You can get the pamphlets from the dnr.I never relly liked hunting silver springs-no real reson it just dint feel right to me. Never saw much game there.Alot of the other hunters I met there were jerks.I never found that at any place in ill I hunted.
Just my opinion.
Nathan