Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Opener... is it Sunday yet? >

Indiana Opener... is it Sunday yet?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Opener... is it Sunday yet?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Indiana Opener... is it Sunday yet?

How am I going to make it until Sunday? The suspense is killing me! I spent 2 hours shooting my bow today, even maxed it out... I'm actually up to a whopping 55 pounds now! Yipee! I've shot 42 pounds since I started bow hunting 3 years ago. I shot great today, and now I'm ready to play!

Anyone else dying waiting on Sunday?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Indiana Opener... is it Sunday yet?

Yup! Hoping that a big buck with a turkey on his back walks right by my stand... so they can both laugh hysterically at me when I miss them both!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 PM

LOL That had me busting a gut, I was just visualizing it, and then I saw the turkey roll off the deer's back laughing,and the deer falling over with legs in the air laughing.... always interesting to have a photographic imagination! LOL

Good luck, wish I had turkeys up here, but nooooo I have to drive 2 hours south or an hour north to find one....

Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Aren't you around Ft. Wayne-ish? I had three under my deer stand two days after turkey season ended last fall NW of Columbia City. Had roosted birdsscare the tar out ofme on stalks in Tri-county as well.

There's a couple around but not enough to hunt, just like big bucks. Everyone should just go hunt them in Illinois, ain't none of them around here!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got my bow back today. Brand new cam and Winner's Choice strings. Friday's are ½ days for me at work..so it's basically the weekend already for this guy! Re-sight my bow in tomorrow, broadhead test Saturday, and hunting (while listening to the Colts/Jets game) Sunday. [8D]
Old 09-28-2006, 06:18 PM

Pat... you and the Colts... SHEESH! [8D]

Yah, Lurch, I'm hunting Noble county though, and I *know* there are turkey's there, I've seen them on St Rd 3 between Kendallville and Fort Wayne, but like you said, aren't enough of them to hunt. Hubby has seen them in Ft.Wayne, but I have never seen any North of St.Rd 8. You were hunting in Columbia City??? I thought you lived in Indy? Maybe I'm confused... *now THERE would be a shocker*

Make sure you videotape your hunt Sunday, JUST IN CASE that Tom comes riding out on Bambi's back.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:21 PM

By the way, Lurch, what the heck was up with Tri County going to Satruday and Wednesday dove hunts ONLY? We drove all of the way there opening day and they weren't even hunting it! We ended up having to drive all of the way back over to Pigeon River... not that dove hunting was worth a hoot this year... but still.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

i wish it was sunday!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

There are plenty of guys who've already been hunting for 2 weeks, thanks to our piss poor urban buck regulations. Probably only 1/4th of them are actually hunting the urban zones.