Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 central OH bow stores? >

central OH bow stores?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

central OH bow stores?

Old 09-26-2005, 03:36 PM

Default central OH bow stores?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the Columbus area, and I'm looking to find a good archery pro shop-type place so I canbuy a gently-used lefty bow... the internet's only a starting place in my search, and I'd rather not use $50 worth of gas to find good shops. Anybody from around these parts and can suggest a couple of good places? I wouldn't mind driving to Delaware, Washington C.H., Lancaster, or wherever, as long as the end of my drive will put me in a good place. Thanks for any help y'all can give me!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: central OH bow stores?

I have a place in Delaware on 36 just east of town before you get to the Alum Creek bridge. If you are heading west from 71 on 36 west, cross over the bridge and it will be a half to 3/4 of a mile on your right hand side. Its between 71 and Delaware on the north side of the road. You wouldnt know it was there if you dont look real hard. It looks like a very small plaza. If you would like I could give you the number or better directions.I am not originally from the area but I have shopped there. My girlfriends brother just bought a bow there and he knows the owner. Long story but let me know what you want to do! Got a spot to hunt?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 AM

It's a 25-30 mile drive, but I always use Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron (just north of I-70 at the Buckeye Lake exit). They cater to all types of hunting and fishing and have a pretty good archery department. If you go there, ask for George. IMO he is the best guy in the area for setting up or adjusting a bow.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Thanks a lot guys! Since I just moved up here, I don't really 'have a spot' to hunt; I'm sort of writing this season off since it's so late in the game, but I figure I might find a place to sit during the week at Deer Creek or Delaware WA (trying to avoid the weekend crowds), or if I get a bow soon, I might be able to practice up with it enough to sit during January. Buckeye Outdoors looks like it's definitely worth the drive, and if you could get me the number/name/address for that place outside Delaware, that would be awesome. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:28 PM

The one great thing about Ohio is there is an abundance of public land to hunt. It gets out of control during gun season, but great for archery. Plus, a number of the municipalities around Columbus have initiated urban hunting programs. It's probably too late now to get involved in those, but something to keep in mind for next year.

I haven't bow hunted Deer Creek, but likely will sometime this year. Normally I hunt public land around Zanesville. Hope you find a bow and get out there soon.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 AM

Check out Fishermans wharehouse on Williams Rd.
For public hunting try delaware state park. You can bowhunt in the campgroud monday thru saturday. To late this year but New Albany has bowhunting now(you have to go to the meeting and qualify.2 does first before you can shhot a buck.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 PM

FL/GA Hunter ,

I found some info ,but I don't know if i'm late or not ,but here what i'm able to find ,
In Columbus
Vance's shooter supply inc.
on 3723 Cleveland ave
in Delware
Villeage sports center
in Lascaster
Fairfield outdoors
in Circleville
all season ,
they are all bow shops and you look them up on phone book and also they're very close to Columbus area ,
Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 PM

I have hunted Deer Creek and an out of the way place is on Egypt Pike.
Also you might want to try Gander Mountain for a bow as well.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:02 AM

Might want to check out Broken Arrowright byNewark Oh, about 30 mins. east of Columbus. Family owned business, awesome people that will help you out. I give all my business to this shop! They also have an indoor and outdoorrange.

Broken Arrow Archery
2984 Mt Vernon Rd
Saint Louisville, OH 43071