Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ohio Wayne national forest >

Ohio Wayne national forest

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Wayne national forest

Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default Ohio Wayne national forest

Were is the best place to get information on wayne national forest. Area maps and lodging places during hunting season. Thanks Rich
Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Ohio Wayne national forest

I would google Ohio Hunting rules and regualtions, and it should give you the DNR website. That would be my guess.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try this....

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/

I have a neighbor who's originally from Chillicothe (sp?) Ohio and has told me stories of all the deer - and I'm talking MONSTER DEER! The whole SE section of Ohio is supposedly the ultimate deer hunting areas. After talking with the neighbor and looking at a road atlas, I contacted Ohio DNR....

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/default.htm

....and got a bunch of pamphlets and maps and all sorts of info on hunting out of state in Ohio. Looks like a great place! I am hoping to make a trip this coming season, but with the rising prices of gas [:@] I don't know....

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:50 PM

I live in SW Ohio, but went to college in SE Ohio. Although SE Ohio has much more "huntable" land, I like hunting in the SW. I have access to a couple of nice pieces of property. Ohio in general, is awsome to deer hunt. SE Ohio produces some monsters. Some guys I went to college with who hunt, their only complaint about the SE is that there are TOO MANY HUNTERS!!!![:@][:@]
Old 08-19-2005, 04:07 AM

i hunt mostly highland and adams county on public land we have quite a few good public spots where you can find good deer but you have to do the scouting or get realy lucky to find a bigun im hunting a nice 10 pointer ive seen 2 years in a row i hope i get a shot at him this year