Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

What is the Best time of Day

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default What is the Best time of Day

I have another question for you serious carp shooters, about what time of day you think is the best. I don't have lights, so I cannot hunt at night. Last year, I always went in the early morning, right at daybreak, when the water was calm. However, when the sun started coming up, the water glared really bad. Later on, the wind would pick up, and it became hard to see in the choppy water. Just wondering when you think is the best time to hunt, and see the fish in the water. Thanks.

Mitch
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the Best time of Day

Very good question. Here are the most often senario's. When it is sunny that usually brings up the wind. In the early morning the sun will glare off the water until it get's higher in the sky. You will find 10am to around 4-5pm the sun is highest to see. At nightof course you need light, but the wind is usually calmer and the sun is no factor. I like shooting during the day time best for my self. Nite is ok and typicaly you will see more fish. It is always a crap shoot any time you go. So many variables.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I've never decided on a best time of day. Seems like I can shoot the same amount all day long. I just change areas depending on wind and sun. I sure do hate wind though! Make sure you've got good polarized glasses. The higher you can get off the water the better for glare.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

For Asian carp, I tend to find them better between 11am and 5pm when it's sunny. After 5 the shadows get too long and the fish spook sooner.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll try going out a little later in the day than I did last season, when the sun is higher up.