Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 No Glov Finger Protectors and Penetration >

No Glov Finger Protectors and Penetration

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

No Glov Finger Protectors and Penetration

Old 07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default No Glov Finger Protectors and Penetration

Thisis the first year I tried the No Glov Finger Protectors. I likethe convenience, butI noticed penetration is greatly reduced onshots >15'. I shot a nice buffalo only to have it pull off almostimmediately.

I shoot a 45# recurve with a RetrieverreelandMuzzy points. I shouldn't be having any problems. Anybody have similar problems?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: No Glov Finger Protectors and Penetration

No glovs can cause the string to roll off your fingers funny causing bad arrow flight. Bad arrow flight will result in poor penetration. Shoot into the water and see if you're getting too much splash.

I'm using no glovs and a whisker biscuit.Thewhisker biscuit seemto help tame thearrow flight even on a bad release. (Thanks Joseph for the W.B.!!)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

I love no glovs, havent had any problems, been using them a long time..
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used no glovs since day 1. I haven't had any problems........Well I guess that depends who you ask . I did, however have a problem with pull offs because of an arrow that had the barbs bent in a funky way....I dunno...I changed the arrow and never had any more problems....

I ordered my Whisker Biscuit and should be here tomorrow. I can't wait. I have been shooting a WB for many years on my hunting rig; I don't know why I have been shooting a wave rest on my fishing rig for so long....
Old 07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Christine. I shoot no glovs, sometimes I blow through the fish and sometimes the penetration is very poor. I am going to try finger tabs to see if there is any improvement. Maybe it has something to do with them on a recurve. My compound always gets awesome penetration with no glovs but it is hit and miss on my 54# recurve.

Shooting gar at the surface is no problem with the recurve and no gloves but shooting a buff 2-3 feet deep seems to cause some problems.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a 50# recurve with no-gluvs. My problem has nothing to do with them - it's all form. Snap shots and awkward angles make a big splash, sometimes like someone threw a boulder in the water. If I come to full draw, you can barely hear the arrow enter the water.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot no glovs and have no troubles with them if you are shooting low poundage u may have to shorten your shots.......