Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Clinton Lake 11/10

Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Clinton Lake 11/10

Kendall, Christine and I ventured out to Clinton Lake for some midnite fun. After having some genny problems andresorting to ahand held spot light to "save the Day/Nite,"there where several carp that just swam right into there arrows. Was vis was poor about 12 inches. Biggest ones where just over 6#. Christine will post some pics and the count as we didn't count them when we got back. Lots of good bowfising left for those brave enough to venture out into the chilly nites.

Bowfisher
Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clinton Lake 11/10

Wow there were sure a lot of fish. I still don't have any pics or even a count. We did stop by and get some ice to keep them fresh.

When I went in to pay for the ice, the clerk asked if it wasn't cold enough alreadyout there. (it was 47) I said we had some fish. He asked if we had any Grouper. ???? Anyone seen any grouper in Clinton Lake?

Anyway, they are in the cooler now and will soon be given to a friend. I will get a count and pics then.

Thanks to 'Uncle' Dave for saving the day/night with his spotlight. I didn't bring any of my extra 'stuff' since we were only gonna be out for a little while.
*** Lesson reveiw - When in doubt, 1) Always take your bow. (with arrows) 2) always bring your boat. 3) always bring your spare stuff. ***

We'll definately be back with a working generator.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately no pictures. We dropped off the whole cooler of fish to our buddies but it was too stormy to get out the digital camera. (fried the camera the last time I took pics in the rain)

There were 22 carp in the cooler. The one guy that helped bring themin didn't expect the cooler to be so heavy. There was at least 125lbs of fish in there. (plus the ice)

Thanks to Joanne for having a spotlight handy. Thanks to Dave for being the lightman. I think we did pretty good for using a spotlight for afew hours.

Now we're over 4000 common carp for the year!

Old 11-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now we're over 4000 common carp for the year!
Yippee! Plus all the others that round out the take to over 6,000, and of course the 5 deer so far that we've seen posted.

I'll be taking to the trees again on Sunday after this wind and rainy stuff passes on to see if I can't raise the score by 1 or 2.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrads to the die hard's. I would love to hit shelbyville again tomorrow, but just cant get tommy mac or snuffy out of the trees. Kinda ugly out there today. I took a long walk this morning around our property to may be push some. I seen so many bucks that I lost count. and this is no kidding. They are really chasing hard. Heard from Kbi-prez yesterday. He is hunting down in S.Ill. and him and his buddy have not seen a deer at all in 3 days. so dont' know what that is all about. He is suppose to make his way back up here tomorrow to re-take is stand here. I used it this morning, so I got my coot'ies all over it.