Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Lake Sangchris

Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lake Sangchris

Sorry, Fishstix, no gar or buffalo in Sangchris that I know of, justlots of common carp. It's not a big lake, but there is about 120 miles of shoreline and lots of that is in coves loaded with carp just begging for some fiberglass.

I've shot several fish from the new boatwhile rod and reel fishing with my wife,but have yet to make a serious try from it as yet. Maybe I can get a deck and lights rigged up over the winter and really be ready for things next spring.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick S.
Maybe I can get a deck and lights rigged up over the winter and really be r eady for things next spring.
I can't wait to see it. Knowing Rick, it'll be sweet and look like an airplane. Wait a minute, it might even be from an airplane.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Spike

I figure some of these landing lights might work pretty good, but don't know where I'm gonna mount the turbine powered generator (APU) to run them. [:-]
Old 07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Spike

Madeline and I went finally made it out to Sangchris again this morning. We fished for a while and finally went looking for some carp. We entered a big cove and found several fish working along a section of shoreline. I got out of the boat and waded along, shooting from one fish to the next. I missed some and spooked a few but managedten carp in less than 100 yards. I'd shoot one, pull it back and get it off the arrow, then move on to the next fish. Some weren't much more than 15 feet apart. We moved on to another area whenr I tagged a few more for a morning total of 13 carp in about an hour. Addto thema couple unreported fish from a few weeks back for another 15 commons given up by Sangchris.

Man, I need to get some lights!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, get some of those landing lights and the carp wil look like that icon...

Old 08-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Spike

Rick, We've been out there at night a couple times. Both times we got ran off the lake by a nasty looking storm, but we managed to get a few each time. From one of those trips I have managed to get 2 more of my friends hooked on bowfishing. One of them went to 2 bears and bought an ams retriever and all the other stuff and put on his Matthews G2. The other is suposed to be ordering equipment soon.

I'll be out there this Saturday eve with a friend or two. Not sure of the plan exactly, but if there's room and you want to go, you're welcome. Let me know.