HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   Lake Sangchris (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/143284-lake-sangchris.html)

Rick S. 05-23-2006 09:14 PM

Lake Sangchris

Took a quick trip over to Lake Sangchris this evening. The lake is still down and the water is kinda dirty, with visibility less than 18 inches in the evening lightbut the carp are up in the shallows big time. A wader could have a blast. We spoked bunches of them with the boat before we got close enuf to see them; mud swirls everywhere! I did manage to skewer one common, so the new boat has been officially broken in. I need to get to work on a platform and lights.

carpsniper 05-24-2006 12:56 AM

RE: Lake Sangchris

Very cool Rick. I can't wait to see your new boat. Glad it's broke in now.

Bulzeye 05-24-2006 10:40 AM

Welcome to the bowfishing armada.
Now you'v egot a project on your hands, for sure.

Where is Lake Sangchris?

Rick S. 05-24-2006 07:47 PM

Sangchris is about 20 minutes SE from Springfield. It's a cooling lake with good bass, crappie and striper fishing and is loaded with common carp. I haven't seen any big ones (10lb+), but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

KBI-PREZ 05-24-2006 10:38 PM

Hey Rick congrats on the breaking in of the boat i added your fish to the count.........

Bulzeye 05-25-2006 10:49 AM

I haven't seen any big ones (10lb+), but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
If a lake is loaded with small carp, it probably means they are overpopulated and competing for food. I think we need to get over there right away and thin those puppies out so the remaining ones can lead more comfortable lives. :D

KBI-PREZ 05-25-2006 05:27 PM

Yeah force feed em fiberglass......;)

Rick S. 05-25-2006 08:24 PM

That's kinda what I was hoping to hear somebody say. Come on over! [8D]

carpsniper 05-26-2006 09:13 AM

Can't wait Rick, It just hasn't fit into the schedule yet.
Have youhad a chance to getthat new boat messy again?

KC - IL 05-26-2006 01:57 PM

Rick, we may have to meet up there sometime. I only live about 25 minutes from the lake. My son and I are headed over there this weekend sometime.He's still looking for his first fish. His draw weight was just a little light last year, but he should be good to go this year.

Have the lilly pads filled out yet? We were there a couple weeks ago, and it was nice looking around without all the pads grown yet. Once they get on , it gets tough to get around.

We saw a big koi (sp?) there two weeks ago. Probably 5-7 pounds. Are they legal to shoot?