Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Warning outfitter

Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Spike

Default Warning outfitter

I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the **** out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You computer wizzes out there: This post is almost word for word one I remember reading last year here. Any one else remember it or find it?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by crokit
You computer wizzes out there:...
I found no complaints on this outfitter. However, I did find several posts from hunters who have had good experiences with them.

What I would like to know is why is it so important to point out the outfitter is a native indian on an indian reservation? What does that have to do with anything?

If they were black, asian or mexican, would their ethnicity be mentioned too?

"I just returned from a early season deer hunt in San Angelo Texas with ACME OUTFITTERS."

"They are mexicans."

Hmm?

iSnipe

====================
Additional Edit: Had the original poster came to my forum and posted this, he would have to give his name and also show(email header) he contacted the party to let them know there's a complaint against them so they can have a chance for a rebuttal.

Last edited by iSnipe; 10-05-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I found no complaints on this outfitter. However, I did find several posts from hunters who have had good experiences with them.

What I would like to know is why is it so important to point out the outfitter is a native indian on an indian reservation? What does that have to do with anything?

If they were black, asian or mexican, would their ethnicity be mentioned too?

"I just returned from a early season deer hunt in San Angelo Texas with ACME OUTFITTERS."

"They are mexicans."

Hmm?

iSnipe

He is just telling his story.
I would think he made referance to being on an indian reservation simply in regards to safety in case an altercation did break out. -perhaps a lack of protection or lack of a law enforcement agency
Old 09-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Spike

I had a similar experience with Randy Armstrong [ young scout outfitters] who also has a guide service on an Indian reservation in saskatachewan. The boarder patrol told me of countless reservation related experiences [bad]. He also looks for victims on this website.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

I dont think he is being racial about this. That is what people say up north when I was there. Even a native calls it that . Sounds like a very bad experience you had. I would not wish that on anyone. Thanks for sharing .
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a hell of a hunt. Did anyone have any luck with game or was it all about escaping the insane asylum? It's funny that I just finished a long post about trusting outfitters too easily and found this. Hope you didn't pay a lot for this cheap hunt, and happy you're ok. I've been a small outfitter since 1989 and done fine by word of mouth. I guess this guy will not do so well that way. How did you come to hunt with him?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Spike

This fellow is nuts I outfit near him up here in Canada and he is all over off the reservations outfitting on other outfitters areas I had my trouble and I can believe the story no problem its to bad when rotten apples spoil it for the good ones. You see up here Resevations are under Federal control if you have trouble the game wardens will not enter the reserve. Scooter is not the first with Leon
Old 10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 68 impala
This fellow is nuts I outfit near him up here in Canada and he is all over off the reservations outfitting on other outfitters areas I had my trouble and I can believe the story no problem its to bad when rotten apples spoil it for the good ones. You see up here Resevations are under Federal control if you have trouble the game wardens will not enter the reserve. Scooter is not the first with Leon
I also live in the Meadow Lake area and agree 100% with u, Leon is a nut job, to many years of steroid use I guess. He has told numerous land owners that he would kill them because they caught him and his clients on THERE land. He lets his clients shoot as many deer as they want and if they have any ground shrinkage they leave it, they night hunt, they hunt during archery season with rifles off reserve land. I also heard of other outfitters having trouble with him hunting on there land and to top it off I heard he kicked the crap out of one of his old guides and poored gas on him and left him in the ditch.
What are the CO's doing about this, nothing, I think they are scared of him because thats the only reason I can think of why the guy is not in jail. He is a loose cannon and is gonna end up killing someone one day.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Spike

!Snipe,

You need to chill out. There was nothing racist at all about the way he told his story. You know we still talk about native indians in this country as well.

You must have some kind of chip on your shoulder. Obviously you are a great computer whiz coming up with that awesome data you found about what a great guide service Delorme is. Wonder how it is possible that all the other people on here speaking about the guide service are wrong?

I think you need to keep your comments to your self until you know all the facts. Also, learn the difference in what racist terms mean. Native American is not a racist term. Oh yeah and neither is African American.

I bet Snipe is a liberal, and he doesnt even know how to be politically correct!!

Sorry for the venting to everyone else but snipes comments pi$$ed me off!!

Last edited by Kris24; 10-17-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.