Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Iowa deer hunters

Old 08-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Iowa deer hunters

I was wanting to know who plans to hunt Iowa next year and have you booked your hunt. I know it requires being drawn butwho knows that they have enough points to get drawn to hunt . Im just looking to see how many guys on hunting net are planning to hunt there. I might offer a hunting package there for next season .It would be a semi guided and fully guided hunt .Just want to get an idea of what a guy likes the best fully or semi guided . And who might be intereted in a hunt as well. 140 to 160inch is very commond on this farm .But there are booners as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: Iowa deer hunters

Yes, getting drawn for a tag is required, but it is not as hard as you think. If you have never applied for a tag with IA, you will have to wait at least one season after your you apply(bow tags specifically). This will give you a preference point for the following year and you will most likely get a tag the second season, but still no guarantees. A quick call to IA DNR or even going to the website to check your draw status or # of preference points will help you keep track of things. Here's the link.. www.iowadnr.com/wildlife/files/hunting.html