Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Looking For Leasing Agents >

Looking For Leasing Agents

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking For Leasing Agents

Old 04-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Looking For Leasing Agents

First youFILL INTHE BLANK!I didnt go looking for stuff to complain about it came here to me. I dont usually complain but when it comes to you guys you know where to go!
ORIGINAL: MidwestPropertyMan

I appoligize.....I meant to post this in the Midwest Regional Forum. I do have to reply to some of the comments that have been made. First of all, We do not set the lease prices.....that is up to the landowner. Trust me, I wish all the leases were $5/Acre. They would certainly be easier to lease out. Some people love to rip on people on here that are trying to make a living in the hunting industry.Some people seem to hatethe people that come in and lease it, but don'tforget, nobody forces the landowner tolease their property out.If someone is willing to paybig money to lease property, it is not fair to the landowner to deny them getting the most out of their propertyjust so youhave a cheap (or free) place to hunt.Also, if you hate outfittersand peopleleasing property so much.......why areyou even in the"Hunts/Outfitters" section on hunting.net? I appoligize that I got you guys so rowled up....but it sure seems to me that some people on here just look for stuff to complainabout.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Bartender

Mods I apologize but I just feel so strong about this.

Tony
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM

I know you hate to lose your hunting property that you were hunting for little or no money.....but did you ever think about the fact that most of the guys that are able to afford to pay higher prices to lease ground live in the bigger cities. So there is a very good possibilty they did not grow up in the country like you probably did. They have never had the opportunities that you have had to hunt the property around where they live. So it is not a matter of guys stealing your property, because it was never yours to begin with. Most guys that are paying high dollar for leases are just hunters that happen to have more money than most. So are these hunters supposed to not be able to hunt just because they were born & raised in the city. If these guys can afford to lease property in some of the best hunting areas in the country, why would they not do it? I don't know what else to tell you except I'm sorry you & your buddies lost your places to hunt over the years. But just because you were there first does not give you the right to lay claim to it forever. It does give you the right to be bitter which you are obviously taking full advantage of. Believe it or not, I live in Pike County, Illinois & as of right now I will probably be hunting public ground this Fall. Just because I help decent guys, that happen to have money, find hunting property for lease does not mean that I can afford some of the leases. But I am certainly not going to be bitter about it......I will probably just hunt where I can afford to lease a place ....like Missouri.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Bartender

Well I was fishing alone yesterday and thinking of father that passed on this past march and kind of woke myself up. I swore I wasnt going to be p issy anymore and I have been.
Then I got to thinking what if the farmer ive known for years wanted to start charging maybe a small fee
that I would probably pay it. With that being said I will try to keep more of a open mind from now on.
Yes I am sorry for going off. I guess I am more aggrevated with Illinois high non resident license fees which I believe have been driven up by part of this. Good Luck with your endeavors.

Tony
Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I am a farmer myself and like most of you guys finding land to hunt or to farm is all about money. But I also don't think that most of you relize that most of these people that are leasing there land out to hunters are just tring to pay the taxes for another year, which is the majority of most farmers or land owners. Many have had a relative that died and left them the property and with that change comes a big tax hike to most propertys, because know onehad thought ahead. So before you guys go after some one that is taking this oppurtunity to put these places out for other to find easier. You need to notice that the owners could have said forget about the hunters and sold it to a land developer and there would be even less oppurtunitys in the future then there is.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still don't understand why anyone that has issues with paid hunts/outfitters or the climbing high prices for leases would come to this forum to begin with. This forum is for outfitters andthe liketo put what they offer out to the hunters or for hunters looking for an outfitter, paid hunt or maybe even a lease. Why come here to the outfitterforum at all if it causes you stressful emotions. I for one can't argue that it wouldn't be aggrivating to lose a lease to a hgher bidder that had more money than me but that is the way everytihgn is and not just the hunting industry. Heck I sell guided hunts an I am still personally looking for a club in MS that I can justify spending what they want now a days just to hunt. You seem like a nice enough guy so why subject yourself to something that bothers you?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Bartender

Originally it was posted in the wrong forum the midwest one then moved here.