HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking For Leasing Agents
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
MidwestPropertyMan

Default RE: Looking For Leasing Agents

I know you hate to lose your hunting property that you were hunting for little or no money.....but did you ever think about the fact that most of the guys that are able to afford to pay higher prices to lease ground live in the bigger cities. So there is a very good possibilty they did not grow up in the country like you probably did. They have never had the opportunities that you have had to hunt the property around where they live. So it is not a matter of guys stealing your property, because it was never yours to begin with. Most guys that are paying high dollar for leases are just hunters that happen to have more money than most. So are these hunters supposed to not be able to hunt just because they were born & raised in the city. If these guys can afford to lease property in some of the best hunting areas in the country, why would they not do it? I don't know what else to tell you except I'm sorry you & your buddies lost your places to hunt over the years. But just because you were there first does not give you the right to lay claim to it forever. It does give you the right to be bitter which you are obviously taking full advantage of. Believe it or not, I live in Pike County, Illinois & as of right now I will probably be hunting public ground this Fall. Just because I help decent guys, that happen to have money, find hunting property for lease does not mean that I can afford some of the leases. But I am certainly not going to be bitter about it......I will probably just hunt where I can afford to lease a place ....like Missouri.