Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt >

Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt

Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Spike

Default Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt

First off let me say that I am not affiliated with the ranch whatsoever. I am in San Antonio on business for 3 months and wanted to do a little hog hunting. A taxidermist down here informed me of a place called Boazman's Quattro B Ranch. They have a bunch of exotics and hogs and some sheep. They now offer a $75 per day unlimited hog package that is a steal. I shot 2 hogs and easily could've killed many more but I didn't have any more cooler room for the meat. One pig I killed was 250+ lbs with 3" teeth. He used to have a two hog minimum, but it's unlimited now because of the huge population of pigs that he wants to have thinned out. The accomodations are nice too and the owner, Doug, is a top notch guy. Like I said, I'm not affiliated at all, but I was just so impressed with the ranch and the way things were ran that I figured I'd write a bit about it. He also has some monster blackbuck and axis. I finished the hunt by taking 2 pigs and a really nice texas dall. His website is www.boazmanbowhunting.com . Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt

i looked at his website looks really great cheap but how many hunters does he take a year thanks for the site
Old 02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Spike

Default RE: Cheap Exotic/Hog Hunt

I have no idea how many hunters he takes a year. Although, I do know that I am down here on business and did a lot of research on different places to hunt while I was here. I probably looked at over 100 different ranches websites in south texas without ever finding his. He stocked the ranch with pigs and exotics a few years back and he just started allowing hunters on there this year. The ranch is very secluded which to me is important. I've hunted ranches before that were right along highways and you could hear the cars whipping by. Kind of takes away from the experience. Anyways, a taxidermist down here informed me of the place and I told him I was interested in killing pigs on a weekend that was two weeks away. He called the owner, and the guy got me in no problem. Try that at some of the more established ranches and they'll tell you they're booked up for months. I also noticed that the animals are not nearly as jumpy as some of the more overcrowded ranches, but nonetheless are still tough to hunt. I had a blast and I can't make any guarantees towards what the ranch will be like a year or so from now, but as for right now you will not be disappointed. Especially if you're hunting hogs. If anybody decides to go, let me know and I"ll let you in on where i hunted and saw most of the action.