Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
BEWARE of Triangle T Outfitters!!! >

BEWARE of Triangle T Outfitters!!!

Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

BEWARE of Triangle T Outfitters!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you guys click on my link?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you didn't notice, I'm also on that website and made comments to the OP and the outfitter in that thread. The guy made one statement in his rebuttal that was very suspicious that I caught him in. That was where he said NM didn't require him to have a license to do what he was doing. That may be true. However, he DOES have to be licensed by the USFWS or BLM if he is charging people to take them on Federal lands and then he can only allow them to go in a certain area under that license. That alone tells me to beware of anything else he says! The OP was certainly to blame for getting screwed because he didn't do anywhere near the homework he should have when each of them dropped $7K for that hunt. Nobody but one who has animals under a high fence should be advertising a guarantee on the animal itself. One thing alone to nail the guy on would be if the unit number for the tags was spelled out in the paperwork and he took them to another area under another unit tag. If it was spelled out in the paperwork and he took them to other than where they wanted to go or paid for they should have a case against him. If they have proper paperwork and the contract wasn't followed, they should win if it goes to Court. I find it hard to believe that the outfitter offered them thousands of dollars worth of discounts to go on another hunt because he felt sorry for them like he stated in the rebuttal. I really call BS on both sides of this matter because there is probably only some truth being told by both sides on the matter. I will not side with either party out on the net when this type of stuff is brought up and nobody else should either because we weren't involved and have no idea what the real situation was. That's exactly how people get sued for slander!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-05-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I know you're on the other forum. I just thought everybody should see both sides.

There's probably lies coming from both sides.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I figured you did and just wanted to add the other comments in that last post in case others didn't want to go on that link and would know a little of what was going on. This is probably one of those deals where there are two sides to a story and then there is the truth, LOL!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well just my two cents here....but I cannot believe that they say their attorney told them to reply and what and how to reply....ther ain't a attorney worth his salt that would let anyone reply in such a matter let alone in some huntin site that don't mean squat.......... A real ATTORNEYS reply would be NO REPLY....they save all the rebuttals and ammo for the courts!!!!!!!!!!!!! were it matters don't mean diddly squat what we think till the judge rules!!!!
and that is why I call BS on the rebuttal!!!! just sayin!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly and putting in that Bob Foulkrod knows them and wrote that letter, LOL! So what if he did!!! He puts his pants on just like the rest of us.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yes, I know you're on the other forum. I just thought everybody should see both sides.

There's probably lies coming from both sides.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

$28000 for a weekend. I'm in the wrong business !!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

TB I M with you. It would have to come with some sort of guarntee for sure!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by the blur
$28000 for a weekend. I'm in the wrong business !!
I'm not taking sides here, but some people may have missed the point that this hunt was supposed to be on private property, not high mountain public land. Hunts on private property -- ranch-type hunts -- typically cost a lot more than high mountain hunts on public property. Ranch hunts are expensive and often have some sort of deluxe accommodations and food that are part of the deal. I know about this from reading about it; I've never been on such a hunt. My style of hunting -- both by preference and by wallet capacity -- is do-it-yourself hunting on public land, high on the mountain first season.

They guy also said that his father and at least one of the other guys on the hunt were cancer survivors and weren't up for hiking around in the high mountains.

Again, I'm not taking sides. It does seem to me that one ought to not trust strangers when large amounts of money are in play, as it was in this case.

Also, as far as I know, a first season outfitted/guided hunt in Colorado first rifle season is liable to run you about $4500. You pack in on horses, stay in a wall tent high on the mountain, and hunt on public land. That is only $2500 less than the $7000 price the guy is talking about for his ranch hunt. Again, while that is too rich for my pocketbook, the price of $7000 per head for a ranch hunt does not set off any alarm bells in my head.

Last edited by Alsatian; 02-15-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.