Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
 Any opinion on BSA scopes? >

Any opinion on BSA scopes?

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Any opinion on BSA scopes?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:05 PM

Default Any opinion on BSA scopes?

I've been looking at getting a new scope for my Remington 770 chambered in .270 Winchester. I shoot Winchester 130 GR. Ballistic Silvertips. I was looking to go with Bushnell for my new scope but stopping in Dickson yesterday I talked to a salesman and told him what I wanted and he showed me the BSA Sweet .270. I was about $30 cheaper than the Bushnell I was looking at but I’ve never really heard too much about them. He told me that they are just as good in quality as a Bushnell. I liked the fact that it’s made for my .270 specifically but I’m still a little unsure. It had a lot of features that I liked. Could anyone give me some feed back on BSA?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Default RE: Any opinion on BSA scopes?

I have used BSA before and I can say that some are good and some are not. Make sure it is waterproof, shockproof, and fogproof. I have had some issues with them not doing well with the shock and fogging; that said I have had the same problems with leupold's as well, sometimes you get a lemon. I would ask which bushnell scope are you looking at, as BSA isn't the worst scope on the market but I wouldn't say that they are as good as some of the bushnell stuff either. But to answer that I would spend the extra money on your scope as it is every bit as important as the rifle you're shooting.