Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 what is your opinion and why? >

what is your opinion and why?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

what is your opinion and why?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:16 PM

Default what is your opinion and why?

Out of these 4 scope, which would you choose and why? My budget is $ 300 ( Canadian) the power will be 2-7x going on a rem 7600
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your opinion and why?

I chose the burris because I have been hearing alot of QC issues about the rifleman and vx-1. I was torn between the Bushnell and Burris a few weeks ago but chose the Burris because you can get the ballistiplex reticale and its build very rugged.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bushnell 3200. I bought a 4200 for my grandson's .270 and if I were buying a new setup for myself that is what I would get. The 4200 can still be bought for about $250 or so American (e-bay), don't know how that converts. In addition to the Rainguard feature they also offer rebates/special offers with the purchase.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 AM

I've looked at both the 3200 and the Burris, they both seem ok for the money. The only concern I have is if I need to get it repaired can I do it in Canada?

Marc
Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Rifleman on my 7600 in 35 Whelen, it was given to me as a gift so I'm using it. I have had no problems with it, is it a VX II by no means but when considering price point vs quality I'd say go with the 3200.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rate the 3200 Bushy and the Burris FFII as pretty close. Either would suffice. The Rainguard feature on the 3200 is very functional so I'd lean in that direction. I'm not a fan of the low Leuppy's (Rifleman or I).
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Rifleman on my 270 7600, works very well. I think it really depends on your eyes. Any one of those scopes, with my eyes anyway, will take me right to legal shooting time, its the other features that sell me. What I really like about Leupolds is their non-critical eye relief. Theoretically, you should put your cheek in the same spot every time you put your gun up, but you know that theoretically gets thrown out of the window a lot of times when you are out hunting. If you are forced to shoot from an awkward position, you want to have the full field of view when you try to look through your scope no matter if your cheek is in exactly the right spot on the stock, this is why I like Leupold scopes.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 AM

i have a 3200 on one of my muzzle loaders and like it alot. the rainguard is real nice
Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

i have one of the busnells that were made for browning they are close to the 4200 as far as light transmission 94% paid 250 american awsome scope
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 3x9x40mm Burris Fullfield II and a Leupold VX-I in the same size. As you can probably tell from my previous posts I haven't had the best experiences with the Leupold. It's okay but not worth the money imo. I took the Leupold off my 30-06 and put the Burris on and am much happier. It's amazing how clear the Burris is. Just a great scope so far. I've only had it on for one hunting season though but so far I love it.

The Leupold I kept as a spare and ended up putting it on the Remington Genesis muzzle loader I got. It's not the worst scope I've used but it's been sent in for repair 2 times in the less than 2 years I've owned it. I bought it brand new btw. I also like the crosshairs in the Burris way more and just like the Burris way more so I'd go with that.

Quick Reply: what is your opinion and why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.