Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Polaris or Honda?

Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

We're pretty excited too about the upcoming football season. We hired Ed Orgeron as our new head coach. He was assistant head coach on USC's national championship team last year. We have high hopes for him.

Tailgating at Ole Miss football games is probably as much fun for me as hunting, maybe more so. I buy season tickets every year and try not to miss a home game.

Take care.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 AM

ARCTIC CAT
Old 03-10-2005, 03:28 PM

my oldest machine in the garage is a 1985 honda with just under 10,000 miles on it. and it runs great. believe me a polaris will never see that kind on mileage.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help. I have decided to get the Honda Rancher 330. What sold me was the durability of the honda. The people who run South Walton Turtle watch ride a honda up and down the beach every morning looking for fresh sea turtle nests. they have 20,000 miles on one 4 wheeler. I still wonder if I should get the electronic shift which is a push button on the handle or get the standard floor shift.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

definately go with the honda so all your friends can show you how mean their wheelers are pullin u out

P.S. get the Electric Shift it is handy.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shootem up870 - I hope that you are back with more tall tales to give us a laugh.I enjoyed your last one so much I will repost it below in case anyone missed it.I am sure that everyone else will find it just as funny as I did and then they can see just how full of B.S. you are.Here it is:

ever had a wheeler underwater completely still runnin? [actually it was in a lake] well anyways the wheeler was still runnin and had to swim back down to shut it off. pulled it out and got by the fire to warm up then 1/2 hour later went back out ridin. this is what u can do with a polaris.

How many of you posters actually believe this story.How could a quad run while completely submerged?Where did it get air to run?
Old 03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Okay, I'm a happy Polaris owner, 2 in fact, but I kinda gotta go with Stubble on this one. My Polaris machines have been flawless, but...? Lets get realistic here. Larry
Old 03-21-2005, 04:55 PM

Hate to choose but i think i would go honda if alot of deep water is going to be added.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

possibly a completely airtight air intake hose. stubble
Old 03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

possibly a completely airtight air intake hose. stubble

The engine still needs air to run.If as you say the quad was" underwater completely"it could not have been able to breathe in the air necessary for the engine to run.You also should know that the belt case,differentials and crankcase are vented and if the quad is in water above the vent hoses the engine and drives will fill with water from these vent hoses.You should think out your tales a little more before posting them,unless of course you want yourself to appear to be a fool to everyone.

Quick Reply: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.