Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hang on stands

Old 01-24-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Hang on stands

I am getting ready to purchase my first hang on stand. I have climbers and ladders, but this will be my first hang on. My funds are limited and Cabelas is having a sale right now. I am torn between the Cabelas EZ Hang and the Brutus Baby Brutus.

Any opinions, ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hang on stands

If you're looking for a lower priced stand but still have a somewhat comfortable stand then I would suggest the Gorilla series over the ones you've mentioned. Much better stands, IMO.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:37 AM
etw

EZ Hang. My brother and I have three of the steel EZ Hang stands. We bought one, hunted out of it, then bought another and another... I like the bracket and CHAIN method of hanging. You don't need to deal with the entire weight of the stand until the bracket is in place a big plus as far as I'm concerned. And, you can adjust the level of the platform just in case the tree is not perfectly straight. A small padlock thru the chain locks the stand to the tree, no need to carry another chain or cable. The stand has proven itself to be worthy. IMO
Old 02-11-2005, 08:38 AM

If you are not in a hurry, ebay has a lot of tree stands you can bid on. It can save you a few dollars.