Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV advice

Old 01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ATV advice

i know the thing has engine brake!!! the thing has so much in low gear when you let up on the gas it tries to stop itself so fast that it just locks up and slides and your goin down a hill like the jamacan bobsled team!!! And in high gear the thing has just a tiny bit of engine break and wont hold back at all. i like all the other features except that. I know i cant wait to get my honda, i can just gear her down and EASE down hills.
ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

forget what i said about the polaris. Yeterday i took mine off a steep hill and the thing will not roll!!! it just locks up and slide in low gear. and in high gear the thing doesnt have enough engine brake. i had never had it off any steep hills until yesterday, and if it wont go off hills without running away then i dont want it anymore. Now its for sell and im going to buy me a 2005 honda foreman rubicon 4x4. it seems to be the best out now with a no belt transmission and manual or automatic shift. and the suspension on them are way more softer then the independent on my polaris. I cant wait till i sell my polaris and buy my new honda!!!!
dude read ur owners manual its called engine braking system with other wheelers dont have. helps with stopping on steep hills.

just push on the gas if u want to go fast thats why its there.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I rode on several brands as well, and I prefer the ride of the Polaris by far over the Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki. Also, I got a new 2004 1/2 Sporstman 500 H.O. back in July, and can see down the road going to either the 700 or 800 Polaris twins!! The others sit way to high and I don't like the feel of the suspension on them either. Once you drive a Polaris, you'll know what I'm talking about. Their AWD feature is superior to the rest!! can't go wrong with Polaris.

Note: Some guys say that they break down a lot?? You have to be in the right gear range when driving them with the Auto tranny. If not, you'll eat up the belt. I feel that the biggest problems are owner caused, not the machine!!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

you buy your hondas and yamahas and well see who ends up pulling who out of the ditch or gets pulled home b/c their wheeler isnt built tough. ill stick with my polaris.

30-06 your just plain wrong there. polaris EBS is far better than any other out there. unless the 05 models came out with somethin different
Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

matt,

poalris's S.O.M. comes free when you buy the wheeler. another reason why i like polaris.

Uncle Nick (sticking with the swamps on a polaris, in IL)
Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

don't waste your money, buy a polaris, i have a 04 500ho with 27'' ITP 589 i havn't got stuck yet, if you ride on any kind of hilly terian you'll appreciate the enging brake
Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetail_fanatic

don't waste your money, buy a polaris,
thats an oxymoron if i ever heard one.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

thats what a high school education will get you
Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetail_fanatic

thats what a high school education will get you
lol ok whatever buddy.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like the Polaris boys have come out of the woodwork . I always heard the the only thing a Polaris will get you is numerous trips to the shop!! Just saw a head to head review of the Polaris 600-700 class vs Suzuki - Suzuki won overall. I still think you can't go wrong with a Yamaha or Honda. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

Personally ,I prefer that my engines don't break at all.
that is one of my personal preferences too. that is why i would go with polaris. ever had a wheeler underwater completely still runnin? [actually it was in a lake] well anyways the wheeler was still runnin and had to swim back down to shut it off. pulled it out and got by the fire to warm up then 1/2 hour later went back out ridin. this is what u can do with a polaris. try that with a honda. pssh good luck my friend has trouble going through creeks.

im not trying to argue with u about this stubble just letting you know my experiences with different brands of wheelers.
Do you really believe yourself?

I will refrain from saying what i really think !!!!!!!

But just one thing ..................after reading that i can see why polaris loves...............uhhhh .......... folks like you!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your right on one thing i wouldnt drive through a LAKE on my honda!!!!!!!

And one more thing i have rode MANY miles on atv's and used to frequent many large rides with many brands of atv the ONE brand that ALWAYS got towed back was a polaris!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen a honda ,yamaha,kawasaki or even suzuki get towed they may have had some mechanical problems but they always made it on thier own.
polaris is a different story . I formed my opinion of polaris based on all those rides and will NEVER spend a dime on one!!!

Quick Reply: ATV advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.