HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATV advice
Thread: ATV advice
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
30-06lover
Fork Horn

Default RE: ATV advice

i know the thing has engine brake!!! the thing has so much in low gear when you let up on the gas it tries to stop itself so fast that it just locks up and slides and your goin down a hill like the jamacan bobsled team!!! And in high gear the thing has just a tiny bit of engine break and wont hold back at all. i like all the other features except that. I know i cant wait to get my honda, i can just gear her down and EASE down hills.
ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

forget what i said about the polaris. Yeterday i took mine off a steep hill and the thing will not roll!!! it just locks up and slide in low gear. and in high gear the thing doesnt have enough engine brake. i had never had it off any steep hills until yesterday, and if it wont go off hills without running away then i dont want it anymore. Now its for sell and im going to buy me a 2005 honda foreman rubicon 4x4. it seems to be the best out now with a no belt transmission and manual or automatic shift. and the suspension on them are way more softer then the independent on my polaris. I cant wait till i sell my polaris and buy my new honda!!!!
dude read ur owners manual its called engine braking system with other wheelers dont have. helps with stopping on steep hills.

just push on the gas if u want to go fast thats why its there.