Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Spray Popup Groundblind??

Old 11-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Spray Popup Groundblind??

I have an Ameristep Doghouse TSC. Do I need to spray it with any type of waterproofer? What about no scent spray?

Thanks

Chris
Old 12-01-2004, 06:19 PM
LY

Default RE: Spray Popup Groundblind??

My dad has one like you and it does an excellent at shedding rain without any type of waterproofing. I have a different brand and coated it a couple of times with some silicone spray back in the summer and then left it outside for a couple of weeks and sprayed it with some fresh earth scent killer just to make sure. So far it has worked great with no smell other than the fresh earth.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:11 PM

I just pin one of those scent disc's into the carry case, when stored ...works great. I'll also hang one in each window of the blind, when open.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Double Bull blind and I also store a couple of H.S. scent wafers in the bag and it seems to work very well with the scent. When I got the blind we set it up and sprayed it with scentkiller. I'll do this atleast a time or two every season
Old 12-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a blind made by Hunters View. Nothing fancy, the cheap price was what made me decide to buy it.

I have never sprayed it with anything and have used it for two years. I've sat in it in some pretty nasty conditions and it only lets water in around some of the zippers and the very top where you tie the poles together. This is very little water, just drips.

I figure on buying another one next year. I really like it for rifle hunting. It's warm, dry and helps conceal the movement of my young hunting buddies.