HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents
Old 11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
silbowhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doe Decoy/bleet VRS Buck decoy/grunt & Sents

Last year was the first year I tried a decoy. I had a nice buck come in to it from a few hundred yards. I had the doe decoy on the edge of the woods where it could be seen out in the open but close enough to me so that if something came in I could get a shot with my bow. The buck saw the decoy and made his way around a large pond to it, I also used the can to help bring him in once he got close enough to hear it.

right or wrong I don't know but what I did was use the buck during the time of year they are sparing. Used the doe during the appropriate phase of the rut, when the bucks are tailing the doe's.

One item I found and like is BuckStopper Decoy Pad. they are 3 small round pads that you add your scent, doe in heat/ buck urine depending on which decoy your using. Put the scent on the pads and when you are done for the day you can remove the pad from the 2nd half that is mounted on the decoy. They velcro together and can be washed when it's time to change from buck scent to doe in heat.

sorry so long. hope this helps.
silbowhunter