Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Heard anything about Pentex Binoculars? >

Heard anything about Pentex Binoculars?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Heard anything about Pentex Binoculars?

Old 10-20-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Heard anything about Pentex Binoculars?

I'm looking for some quality Binoculars. I've heard good things about the Pentex. I was wondering if I'm missing any mid price range quality Bino's. Or Just an opinion about the Pentex PCF WP or the Pentax DCF HR II. Also Has anyone heard anything about MINOX bino's all I know about Minox is that they make those little spy cameras. Thanks
Old 10-20-2004, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Heard anything about Pentex Binoculars?

I've got 2 pairs of the PCF 10x50 Pentax binocs. I am very pleased with them. I never go turkey hunting or deer hunting without taking my binos with me. If wearing them, I use the Crooked Horn Outfitters shoulder harness. They are a very good quality binocular for the money.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Pentax cameras and lenses for a long time with very little trouble. The camera I use now malfunctioned after some use, but it was still under warranty. I sent it off and they cleaned and fixed it, and it has worked fine so far. So while I can't speak for the binoculars, the customer service wasn't bad. I like to take pictures of wildlife, so the camera had been exposed to the elements (sand, moisture, etc.). The My experience with Pentax in general has been good, so I would have no problem purchasing anything made by Pentax in the future.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:38 PM

My dad has the 20X60 and he really likes them, but they are just a little too heavy, he needs to get soemthign to try prop them up on. The first pair that he had, the adjustable eyepiece broke on them, but we bought them at Cabelas, so they replaced them no problem, but otherwise they are great, very clear.