Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

? about Binoculars

Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default ? about Binoculars

Who uses them and what brand and zoom. I am thinking of getting a pair for hunting and for the 3D shoots this spring, but don't know what I should be looking for. I have a pair of 8 x 25 or something like that and I had trouble seeing the 12 ring will shooting targets.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: ? about Binoculars

I bought a pair of Alpen for 3-D and they a super clear. I had never heard of them until a couple years ago. A guy I was shooting with had a pair and I looked through them and was amazed a t the clarity. The prices are reasonable for the quality. I can't remember what model number they were.But they are 8X42 waterproof 341ft/100yards BAK4 Prism.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 AM

As mentioned above the alpens are a very nice bino. I have a pair of Swarovski and they are awesome in you can spare the change. They are unreal clear and bright. When i look thorugh my other bino's it looks like you are looking through screen. But Alpens would be my next option. I am actually going to be getting an Alpen spotting scope, just for the quality and size, much easier to pack into the backcountry than Swaro's.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a set of Leupold Cascades 8X42. Can't say anything bad about them. Very clear, good in low light,easy to adjust,waterproof & fogproof.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42. Great bino's for the price.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think if you don't use them during archery, you could really be missing something. I've seen partial deer with mine, ID'd them as bucks and called them in. Without binos, I'd never saw them.

Also, I think they are very important after the shot to watch a game animal go, ID your hit etc...on many occassions they've told me what I needed to do after the shot, some on shot placement and one I watched bed and lay there, I stayed put and watched him...very important information can be gained after the shot with binos...

I have a pair of Brunton Lite Techs, 10X50's. I'm looking to downsize slightly. I use a snow boot strap over one shoulder for hunting and 3D so they are not cumbersome and in easy reach. I already have my range finder on my bino chest strap.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Nikon ATB's in 8x42 work great for me in my bowhunting situations.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

I use Bushnell Discoverer's 7 x 42. I like that for bow and pistol hunting around here because most of the time I'm trying just to see another 10 yards into the brush with them. Most of my viewing is under 100 yards. That said, I used these fine for Antelope hunting. I found tons of Antelope, but really needed my riflescope or spotter for trophy judging.

I would look at 6x or 7x binos for bow hunting. Leupold makes a highly rated 6x. The Discoverers can still be found on the net in 7 x 42. Really, you just want bino's which can be very precisely focused, for looking through a thicket and good resolution and true color display. Color display and resolution are what allow you to see animals and specific impact points. Unfortunately, money is what buys these 2 properties. It is also important to shop around and make sure you are getting a best in class bino.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of nikons that are super clear. They aren't very expensive either...definitely give them a try.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have NikonMonarchs in 10x42. Little too much of a good thing in WI, but they'll be handy when I go out west. Spend the money once....you'll never need another pair.

Quick Reply: ? about Binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.