Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

walkers game ear

Old 07-26-2004, 08:28 PM

Default walkers game ear

What do some of you think of the walkers game ear(original)? Actually I just ordered one and now I'm asking for input,kind of backwards huh? Anyhow please lrt me know what you think!! thanks.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:50 AM

Default RE: walkers game ear

Never used one but always wanted to get one let me know what you think of it when it comes.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you dont like it as far as hunting at least youll have a hearing aid for later on in life i love mine but it does take a while to get used to because its only on one side of your head. you can hear the ants marching[:-]
Old 07-30-2004, 01:38 AM

i got a game ear 11 a few years ago.i know my hearing is getting worse the older i get.i never figured it would help that muchi was very suprised.it is a great product.if it is tuned correctly there will be very little go wrong.if not tuned right it will cause wind sounds to really roar.it is great.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use mine to pick up on faint sounds I wouldn't ordinarily hear, then pop it out (I attatched it a piece of thread) Because like liquidorange said it is not in stereo and is hard to pinpoint the direction without constantly turning your head.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:37 PM

I had one and loved it.....but....lost it. Had it while turkey hunting and after dusting a bird and running to it, then the way out of the woods, found it was gone. That pretty brown color matches well with fall leaves. Expensive lesson to learn.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have the problem of picking up where the sound is coming from. Talked to Bob Walker about this and he said to use it in your weak ear. That helped a little, but he also recomended using one in each ear.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

All the hunting catalogs have much cheaper versions available. I'm not sure why Walker is so high when the competition is 1/10th the price. Don't tell me about "you get what you pay for" on this one. I'm sure the Walker is a premium unit but just how premium do you need to be for the money when the animal is still heard by the cheaper brand with plenty of time to set up for the shot? I bought two units for bow hunting only because they don't have noise suppression for less than $25 for both. I hear in stereo wearing both and can look quickly toward the direction of the sound. Now I read in the catalogs that some are offered for $40 with noise suppression for a pair!! I'll get another pair just for gun season and still save over the Walkers and not be sick if I lose one.