Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

WALKERS GAME EAR

Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default WALKERS GAME EAR

Has anyone used or tried this product ?
My wife got one for me soI'd used it and I gotta tell ya its amazing what you can hear with it.
I was sitting in my treestand and about a quarter of a mile away across the lake there's a house that sits aside of a hill over looking the lake.
I heard a mother talking to her son about doing his homework and the kid was just playing with something.
Any way I just coudn't beleave what I was hearing with this product .
Old 10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WALKERS GAME EAR

The biggest problem I had with mine, before I sold it was,.. with the walkers game ear in one ear, I lost my since of direction of sound. In other words, which ever ear I made bionic with the product, it would hear things that my other ear couldn't, and onceI lost the ability to hear things in stereo, I lost the ability to determine which direction a sound was coming from. Drove me nuts being able to hear something and not knowing where the sound was coming from!
I have since bought the head phones and I wear them when I'm rifle hunting. Mostly for hearing protection, but it's nice to be able to carry on a conversation, in between shots, without shouting. Mostly while shooting prairie dogs, and while calling coyotes!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM

RDhunter... which game ear did you get? I really need one... deer have to be right on top of me before I hear them. I just tried a cheap version of the game ear... it was the ultra ear ITC 2 pak... $65... it was terrible. All it did was make everything in the woods louder... not just certain frequencies. It did have a tone adjustment but there were absolutely no instructions packed with them. It also was prone to a high pitch whine noise whenever I touched it or if I turned up the volume too much. So I think I will need to spring for the more expensive models.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a Walkers Game Ear II .
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Thanks, I'm going to research it a little more and probably try one.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your welcome

It's amazing what you can hear with this product , you wont regret it.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:54 AM

sounds very encouraging... my only concern is that I wear glasses and I wonder if teh ear piece will get in the way. Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you see what Howler said? With one he couldn't tell direction as well. That's the mistake many guys make. They only get one. You need two so as to hear in stereo the way you are intended to.

Do it right and you'll be able to hear a squirrel fart at 50 yards.

On windy days like we just had the microphones will pick up and amplify wind noise. In these cases they become almost useless for most people. That's the times you either leave them in the vehicle or turn them down some.

They're not always peaches-and-cream, but for guys like me with a 40% hearing loss they make hunting fun again after not hearing anything in the woods.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one and spoke to Bob Walker at a show about losing the direction sound was coming from. He said to try it in your ear with the most hearing loss. I tried and it did make a little difference but not enough. He also recommended getting a second one if switching ears did not help.

I have since lost mine and have not replaced it.

I would get two right away. Not knowing where the sound comes from will drive ya nuts.