Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

walkers game ear

Old 06-02-2002, 08:47 AM

Default walkers game ear

Has anyone ever used a walkers game ear for hunting? There is anoyher one called woodland whisper by Basspro shops...alot les $$ My hearing isnt what it used to be and am tired of not hearing the bulls bugle as far away as my hunting partner can hear. Thank you
Old 06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: walkers game ear

Yup, I got a pair of em about 1 1/2 years ago. They don't work as well as some might think. Maybe that's because I have a 40% hearing loss to overcome before I get the effect of them. Seriously, I used them in Illinois last year and was amazed at what I could hear. Of course I was stand hunting so I had them cranked up till they almost whislted but, man, did they keep me on my toes. I could finally hear things that I don't think I ever heard before.
They have their drawbacks. They're similar to behind the ear hearing aids so they don't fit snug like in the ear types. If you get them I would recommend getting custom ear molds to fit them. Not having much experience with other brands I would highly recommend them tho. It's worth it to be able to hear game now long before I can see them, or they see me. I know this much. They are much better for hunting than this pair of $3000 hearing aids I always wear.
Any more questions email me at [email protected]

Old 06-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one, and I sold it, or guess I gave it away. But I won't have one again. For me, and using just the one, I could here sounds that I normally couldn't hear, but our hearing is supposed to work in stereo, so with one "bionic ear" I couldn't tell what way the sound was coming from. And if there is a breeze blowing, it sounds like wind, and if the leaves are blwoing in the breeze "wind" they sound like your in the middle of a typhoon. So, at least for me, I'd rather just be alert at all times, and live with the fact that I may not hear the game before I see it. Oh, and them darn foxtail squirrels scurrying in the leaves will get ya on your toes more often than not. I can see, that maybe with bad hearing and trying two of them may help some, but they aren't for me!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:14 PM

Thanks guys...I bought one off ebay and will see if its any good...since I only paid $8.00 I can afford to chuck it if it isnt for me...Whtelk
Old 06-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

$8.00? You can't be serious. You want to get rid of it I'll give $10 for it. By the way, I got the Game Ear II. Frequency adjustable.
You got to have two though if you want the best effect. Tekking direction is a booger with only one.

Old 06-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Spike

$10 buck... I'll give you $15 for it

Keep'm sharp and always follow through!
www.hometown.aol.com/swat791
Old 06-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make it $25

Old 06-06-2002, 11:09 AM

I tried the woodland whisper and it amplifies everything but I can't tell exactly where the sounds are coming from. I hear a lot of wind, I'll try it this archery season. Can't hurt.