Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Stealth Cam Digital - any users? >

Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Old 12-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Going to get a trail cam and really want a digital. The digital stealth seems to be a reasonably priced unit, but can't find any info out here or reviews. Anyone have this and is it worth it? I really don't want to fuss with getting film developed but don't want to spend 500 or more on a digital cam. The digital stealth cam goes for under 300 bones. If it takes color pics and works, would be well worth it. Thanks for any input.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Was wondering the same thing?? Anybody out there with any recommendations?
Old 12-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking hared at the Cuddeback. I'm still on the fence
Old 12-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at that the cudde too, but it's 200 more bones than the Stealth. I have called everyone in over half the state of MI can can't find a Stealth in stock. It can be ordered though. I think I'm going with this one, will post a few pics and results in a few weeks.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:30 PM

I had a cuddleback...got rid of it.Lame pics,problems with the camera,pain in the ass to get the media card out(needed needdlenoise pliers)
I also had the highlander...lame pics,case leaked so they sent a new one,that one leaked also.
I now have a Pennswood...Great camera,great pics No problems.Word of caution...If u get it tell them to set it for 0 degrees (otherwise it shuts down at 32 degrees )then you have to send it back and they charge $25 LAME[:@]
Theres another one out that sounds great but I cant think of the name.

As far as 200 dollars more for a digital,,,You will save that in film alone within the first 6months.Then add in developing,batteries,and your time.
I bought 2 128meg cards so I can just switch them.I bring the card back and see whats
Old 12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info duse. How is the quality of the digital pictures compared to the film? I also worry about the carea getting ripped, are the any security features on the Penns woods one?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duse - how much was the Pennswood?
Old 12-31-2003, 04:02 PM

Here ya goThis should answer your questions.
As far as the pictures themselfsI have printed a couple things on regular printer paper and its fine,it dosent look as good as it does on the computer..But I think if you use the photo quaility printer and paper it would look close to the 35mm pics with the glossy finish
As for the security question,it has a slammer cable and lock.Someone would have to cut the tree down, break the case or shoot the lock. I'm sure it can be done but it has the best system I'v seen.
If your not planning on getting it in the next couple days I'll see if I can find that other camera.It use's the same camera but I think it had a couple other features.
If you want me to send you a couple pics let me know,I'll send you a couple from each camera
Old 01-01-2004, 09:48 AM

I have used both the Penns and Stealth digital cameras. I prefer the Stealth, for one thing it is over $100.00 less. The Penns would not perform in cold weather. I missed a lot of images when I was using it at temperatures below 30 deg. F. I tried to call their 800 technical service line and the phone message stated that the phone number was no longer in use???

The Stealth has performed well down to -9 deg. F. I really like it. It is the same camera. The case is really solid. Penguin cases can be hard to open when new. Their technical service has been very friendly and quick to respond.

My son and I have 4 other 35mm trail cameras out. The delays and problems with batteries and film processing can be frustrating.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:46 PM

OK...The other camera I was talking about is the snapshot Sniper.
What I like about it is ...30'flash range (PW is 20) ...0-110 temp range(PW ,you have to ask for it to be adjusted to 0)...1yr warranty(PW is 90days)The sniper has only 1 setting (24hr)(Thats not a bad thing), Not day only-night only-or 24hr
And the sniper is $60 cheaper.
Ya just cant find any right now.

Capted
I dident even no stealth had a Digital,,duhh.
You said it was the same camera.which would be olympus 380
I only found one digital from stealth and that was the DIGRC-X with 1.3 mega pix which is the same as the cuddleback.(IMO the pic was lame,kind of cartoonish)
The PW is 2.0 which is a much better pic,it's a night and day differance
The temp range can be adjusted on the PW as I stated above,thats lame also,why they dont just set it at 0 instead of 32 is BS.
And the only issue I needed Costomer service on was the temp setting.I sent it out monday and got it back friday(shouldent of had to send it out IMO[:@])
If you can point me to the Stealth Camera you are reffering to with the olympus 380 that would be great because I'm always looking for something better.Ya know what I mean
I think this year they will have a game camera thats 3 mega pixal or higher
What are you talking about the PW door is hard to open when new???

Quick Reply: Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.