Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Video bow and Gun

Old 05-26-2004, 06:29 AM

Default Video bow and Gun

I'm looking to try some of these systems where you can hook your video camera up to your bow and gun. I just bought the stabilizer extension for my camera for the bow, but I'm concerned about the gun.

I looked at the one at www.prohunter2000.com. The only thing I'm concerned with is I would think that during your shot, your video wouldn't come out so well because of the recoil from your shot.

Has anyone had expierience with any of these systems?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Video bow and Gun

Here is the one I am thinking about getting.
It can clip to your cap,stabilizer or under the gun barrel they have some good video of it on the site.

http://www.thehuntcam.com/index.htm
Old 06-23-2004, 03:27 PM

Default RE: Video bow and Gun

I represent competition, so please take my comments accordingly, but when you strap on a video camera, one tends to get a very long view, not even as 'large' as your eye view.

If a bow is stabilized, our customers have had no problem in holding the bow.
In regards to a gun, our customers have had both results. Depending on their ability to hold the gun and the magnification of the scope. Our product views through the sope, and provides a neat video view and record, when recorded. The product is also not heavy, allowing the shooter to more likelyhold the gun steady through the recoil. Adding a normal camcorder will add more weight and change the balance, much more than our product.
THought I'd give a bias input to help!
Good luck!
www.riflevision.com