Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Lookin' for a good long range coyote rifle! >

Lookin' for a good long range coyote rifle!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lookin' for a good long range coyote rifle!

Old 05-08-2004, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Lookin' for a good long range coyote rifle!

a sniper has nothing to do with the hunting being discussed here.sounds like tooting your own horn.just info was all that was asked for
Old 05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my sons Rem varmit bull barrel in .22-250. He is shooting nosler 50gr. with h380 powder at about 4400 fps. Gun is very accurate. Has the Leopold 8.5x25 scope and we added a harris bi-pod. He is the one who shoots it the best. [:'(] Guess it must be those 16 year old eyes.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:42 PM

a sniper has nothing to do with the hunting being discussed here.sounds like tooting your own horn.just info was all that was asked for
I thought snipers were the "ultimate varmint" hunters.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:34 PM

lmao Dep, way to make a positive contribution... You're remarks about his statement of being a sniper wasn't needed.

'Just info was all that was asked for.'

I would suggest a .270, but I'm biast when it comes to rifles.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:26 PM

wh,your reputation procedes you so little if any weight is given to your statements.a snaiper has nothing to do with this. the info could have been given without the mention of A sniper.how old are you again wh?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

hunter, I think 4400 fps with a 50 grain bullet fired from a factory Remington 22-250 is a little optimistic. If you can get 4000 fps with no high pressure signs then you are fortunate.

Either a 25-06 or 257 WBY would be tough to beat at ranges over 400-500 yards.

doubleA
Old 05-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

PLB was just stating on the different calibers and how they perform that’s all. He mentioned he was a sniper, nothing wrong with that. To mention he was a sniper is to mention that he has allot of experience. Probably more then most of us.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:04 PM

Dep, I'm not going to argue with you.

You're older than me, so you're always going to be right, whether you really are or not.

PLB used to be a Sniper in the military. He was trained to know his rifles like the back of his hand. He was trained to know the muzzle velocity, how to judge shots with the wind, etc. He was a trained marksman. Whether you like it or not, his being a sniper does have some relevance to his information.

His being a sniper helped him to better understand the way his firearms worked. Sure, he could have said what he did without mentioning that he used to be a sniper, but the fact that he was makes me beleive that way he is saying is in fact accurate and not just a bunch of smoke being blown up our rears.

Now, if you have a grudge against him, fine, I know you have one against me, leave to the PMs. You're just as bad if not worse than a little kid. You're argumentative, opinionated, and close minded. When you hold a grudge you really hold a grudge. I suggest you think before you reply to this, don't make any more of a fool of yourself than you already have arguing with a 16 year old.

Sorry everyone for the inconvenience of my rant, but I think it needed to be said.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:54 PM

when you grow up then come back with opinions.your reputation is that of a person who wants to be a know it all and actually knows very little. this attitude of your has gotten you banned before.just because someone says they are a sniper does not mean squat.a simple question was asked and some tried to turn it into a sounding post.your daddy sets up everything for you so when you gaim lifes experience then come back.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:56 PM

trailor-
just because someone says they are something does not mean they are.they could say they were a doctor or scientist and knowone would know for sure.anyone can claim anything.forums are full of enough wanna bes as it is.that is why it serves know purpose .

Quick Reply: Lookin' for a good long range coyote rifle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.