Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

atv msrp

Old 03-06-2004, 11:12 AM

Default atv msrp

Looking at purchasing a honda four trax rancher 4x4 350, auto clutch, manual trans 04. How much are they going to try and jack the cost up aabove the msrp. Not planning on any accessories at this time.Will not be financing through honda or the dealer either. Already approved for the loan through another source. Any input will be helpful.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: atv msrp

I actually always buy below msrp.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can't get it under MSRP look elsewhere. Car dealers and other salesmen are hungry to make a sale. If they won't budge on the price,budge yourself out of the chair and go to another dealer.I would rather take a beating then have to go new car shopping.You're screwed before you even walk in.4 wheeler dealers aren't any better.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-06-2004, 02:08 PM

I don't know ruger i kind of like giving salesman a hard time. i actually got way below what msrp was on my atv. but i had to go to a few dealers.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have been pricing ATV's and recently looked on the Honda web site. They had a link to request a quote from a dealer. I submitted a request for a quote just to see how it compares to the MSRP that Honda was listing on the web site. No response yet, I will let you know how I made out.

PS-
I was pricing the Rubicon. One of my hunting partners has one and I have had several opportunities to ride it and really like it (they are a little pricey) but I figure it is something I wont buy again for a while. I have had the opportunity to ride the Fourtrax and Ranchers as well and they are also excellent machines.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the answers, Think ill try the honda price quote on their website also. I have no idea what kind of money i should pay in the end anyway, except for the least possible. The website has msrp at 4900.00. Have any idea on the amount i should set as my limit (realistically). Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might want to look around for left over 2003 models.With the 2004s arriving in stock there are some serious discounts on the 2003s.