Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600 >

Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600

Old 02-29-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600

I have a three year old Grizzly 600 that is three years old. I have never had a problem until this past year. I was losing power on the bike.....

After bringing it into the shop.....It came out with $1200 worth of repairs. The automatic clutching system for the automatic trasmission was on the verge of going out and the drive belt need to be changed amonth other major problems.....

After riding a Honda for the 20 years before buying this bike....I have to say I am very dissappointed.....

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with their Yamaha....I am thinking about putting mine up for sale.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600

How many miles did you have on it? I put more than 2000 on mine with no problems. Didn't care for the noise/vibration--otherwise, I really enjoyed it (I switched to a kodiak which is smaller, quieter, less vibration and nearly as much power.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:45 PM

i have a 99 350 big bear and have done nothing but change batteries.never had any other problems
Old 03-01-2004, 07:31 AM

The largest concern that I had was the problem with the auto clutch....if your bike is an automatic....they told me that I better bring it in at least once a year but better if it was twice a year to get the clutch serviced......I have never had to service a bike at a shop much less twice a year.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:59 AM

i like yahamha but i would never go to a belt.......i'll take the standard shift 5 gears and a shaft drive please.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never saw any use for ATVs. I say keep it at home and walk to your hunting spot. Unless you are disabled of course or hunting on your own land. I've had more hunts ruined by people running around on these things.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never saw any use for ATVs. I say keep it at home and walk to your hunting spot. Unless you are disabled of course or hunting on your own land. I've had more hunts ruined by people running around on these things

I never ride into my hunting area but I do use a quad to remove game.If you ever hunt moose or elk you will find out how useful an atv can be for recovering carcasses.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a '98 Big Bear and never had any problems. I change the oil and adjust the valves 3 times a year. It's got a ton of hours on it. I don't like the idea of a belt drive. I've never had a problem shifting gears and don't plan on changing anytime soon. The Grizzly had just come out when I bought the Big Bear and would have gone with the grizzly if it would have had a transmission.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:54 AM

The problem is that most manufacturers that are producing a bike that is over 400cc's uses the automatic. I wish they would stay with the manual.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

The problem is that most manufacturers that are producing a bike that is over 400cc's uses the automatic. I wish they would stay with the manual
I prefer real automatic transmissions and they are very dependable.The problem is that only honda uses them.The other manufacturers use belt drives.

Quick Reply: Dissappointed with my Yamaha 600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.