Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Kahles Optics

Old 02-20-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Kahles Optics

Does anybody have any experience with Kahles scopes and binoculars? How do you like them?
Old 02-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kahles Optics

The scopes are rugged but very expensive relative to price if you would like an opinion from someone that sells them go to www.eurooptics.com and speak to the owner. He sells Zeiss ,Swarovski Kahles among others and picks Zeiss over all the european 1" tube scopes. AS far as Binos go the Pentax DCF Sp will absolutely smoke a Kahles in every area and cost hundreds less.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Either Swarovski, or Zeiss, owns Khales. So they are very good quality. They are just a little less expensive than the parent company's products. I've never owned any of these three brands! They just have always been too rich for my blood!
But the Zeiss Conquest is comparably priced to the Leupold Vari-X-III, so the next time I'm in the market for a scope I will take a look at them.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Khales is owned by Swarovski and Jag is correct they are the less expensive option of the two. I think quality wise they are no slouch but they don't offer a transferable warranty like others so I am sure that hurts there market share in NA.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Skeeter, I was not sure which of the two owned Khales.
They are not like Tikka though, they are actually two totally different companies, and are made in separate plants. Very good quality from all I've heard.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Last season I had accrued about $600 in gift certificates from a my company, cashed them in to use them at Cabela's, as I was in the market for a new scope. So off to Kansas City I went. After looking at a wide variety of scopes, I picked out the Khales 3.5x10-50mm with the TDS range finding reticle. Having used it for one season, I can say that I am extremly pleased with it. It is crystal clear, gathers light like the Hubbel telescope, and is built like a tank. Now, is it worth $750 plus tax? I can't say as I am into the scope for only about $200 out of my own pocket.

However, If I were spending my hard earned cash I would have probabally gone with the Zeiss Conquest 3x9-40mm or the 3.5x10-44mm. The Burris, Bushnell Elites, and Nikon Monrachs are all excellent scopes as well, with the Zeiss being the most exspensive of this group. I just personally liked the looks and feel of the Zeiss best. All of these scopes offer wonderful resolution, are excellent at gathering and transmitting light, and are super clear.

The Khales scopes line is very nice, and the TDS reticle excels in its ease of use and simplicity within the site picture. I dont think, that in real world use that the extra price is warranted, unless of course, you are not constrained by costs issues.