Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Urgent Safety Notice.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Urgent Safety Notice.

For those who have a Treelounge with the Levelers please take note. I received a email today from Treelounge.There is not a recall as of yet. There has been reports of the Levelers cracking and or bolts pulling through or starting to pull through the main beam where it attaches to the Treelounge.No reports yet of any injuries.They are asking to stop using these immediately. They are evaluating the appropriate remendy and will make further announcements about the Levelers in the near future in conjunction with the US Consumer Safety Commision. No reports have been made about the foot section Levelers but it's recommended to stop using them also.
I'm sure you recall all my complaints along with Old Elkhunter about the safety of the Treelounge products. This somewhat proves what we've been saying. I have said many times I didn't trust the Levelers.This puts the icing on the cake about the safety of the Levelers..I believe the Leveler gave way causing that 4' slip I took on my new version.If I received anymore information or notice I will post it here for those interested.Meanwhile keep these inferior TL's with the Levelers put way.The neck you save maybe yours.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Urgent Safety Notice.

I have the old version, but my leveler is the new style. I guess I will be
leaving the leveler at home til we find out what to do.

Thanks, keep us posted.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Urgent Safety Notice.

Indiana Dude, If you have the Old Model you have a good Treelounge.I might add that's a smart move removing your Leveler.I'm sure TL will send out more emails when they decide what they are going to do about these Levelers.I will post if I hear anything.Apparently I'm on their mailing list.Ever since TL went to that lighter semi round extrusion their stands in my opinion aren't safe. Not near as safe as the old model Bob Hice designed and made.I guess Mr. Spivia thought he was improving the TL in return he ruined it. I will admit the weight difference is nice but that's all.I hope they will give us the option to either take a replacement or refund.I'll take a refund and forget about Treelounge from then on.There are allot better climbers out there for less money.I was a satisfied TL customer until the new version hit the market.I used to praise Treelounge.Now I wouldn't give ten dollars for a dozen of the new versions......

Ruger Redhawk