Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE >

OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

Old 11-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

PRESS RELEASE
November 7, 2008

[align=right]

For Immediate Release
David Adams
804-382-9501
Virginia Shooting Sports Association
[/align]

President Elect-Obama Announces Anti-Gun Agenda
One of many proposal found ontransition web-site

Orange, VA - The following is a statement released by the Virginia Shooting Sports Association President David Adams,in reaction to President Elect Obama's anti-gun proposal posted on the official Transition web site.
[/align]

[/align]
"It did not take long for Barack Obama to show his hand as it relates to the threat that America's gun owners now face under an Obama Administration. Only three days after winning the presidency, he has declared war on honest law abiding gun owners by laying out an agenda that seeks to violate the privacy of gun owners and outlaw an entire class of firearms."
[/align]
The transition web site, www.change.gov lists the following proposals that target gun owners in America.
[/align]

[/align]
"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."
[/align]

[/align]
VSSA will continue to protect the right of law abiding gun owners as we have for the last 70 years. Gun owners are urged to make their views known to President Elect that lawful gun owners are not to blame for crime and we will let our representatives know in Congress that we oppose these proposals.
[/align]

[/align]
VSSA, founded in 1938is the state affiliate association of the NRA, and works to protect the rights of law abiding gun owners and sportsmen.
[/align]
Old 11-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

Doesn't sound like they're really changing anything to me. They're going to make a ban that had already been in affect permanent..... Where are the new proposals???
Old 11-08-2008, 09:42 AM

The problem SWThomas.......is weather YOU owna automaticor not, a ban on ANY gun is a start to ban ALL guns. When are people going to relize this?? Let them get their foot in the door.........see what happens.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Daybreak

The problem SWThomas.......is weather YOU owna automaticor not, a ban on ANY gun is a start to ban ALL guns. When are people going to relize this?? Let them get their foot in the door.........see what happens.
I couldnt agree more.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

They have to start somewhere!!!! Soon my remy 700 will be a "sniper rifle" and be banned as well!!!! We have to stand up for our rights NOW!!!
-Jake
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM

He once used the term military a style weapon....Umm...last time i checked a remington 700 was once used as a military sniper weapon...an 870 pump was and still is used by some of our military....model 1911....the list goes on....we got our nation in a pickle with this joker.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:16 PM

i aint got no guns thats my story and im sticking to it
Old 11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

im with daybreak!!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shhhh, I sold my guns 2 years ago
Old 11-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Do you have a link to where this statement is on change.giv? I looked for it, but couldnt find it.

Remember any bill has to be passed by congress before the President signs it, so let your reps know you feelings about gun contrl.

Edit: Found it on his original website
http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/

Quick Reply: OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.