[align=right]

For Immediate Release
David Adams
804-382-9501
Virginia Shooting Sports Association
[/align]

President Elect-Obama Announces Anti-Gun Agenda
One of many proposal found ontransition web-site

Orange, VA - The following is a statement released by the Virginia Shooting Sports Association President David Adams,in reaction to President Elect Obama's anti-gun proposal posted on the official Transition web site.
[/align]

[/align]
"It did not take long for Barack Obama to show his hand as it relates to the threat that America's gun owners now face under an Obama Administration. Only three days after winning the presidency, he has declared war on honest law abiding gun owners by laying out an agenda that seeks to violate the privacy of gun owners and outlaw an entire class of firearms."
[/align]
The transition web site, www.change.gov lists the following proposals that target gun owners in America.
[/align]

[/align]
"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."
[/align]

[/align]
VSSA will continue to protect the right of law abiding gun owners as we have for the last 70 years. Gun owners are urged to make their views known to President Elect that lawful gun owners are not to blame for crime and we will let our representatives know in Congress that we oppose these proposals.
[/align]

[/align]
VSSA, founded in 1938is the state affiliate association of the NRA, and works to protect the rights of law abiding gun owners and sportsmen.
[/align]
Old 11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Spike

Default RE: OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

as a gun owner and hunter i would like to say assault rifles have no plave in the sport of hunting and i dont see why anyone needs such a gun as gun owners and hunters we should be willing to help keep guns out of the wrong hands as for gun shows anyone and go buy a gun no matter who they are i think they should have to do back ground checks on everyone who wants to buy a gun anywhere even muzzleloaders
Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tchunter_va

as a gun owner and hunter i would like to say assault rifles have no plave in the sport of hunting and i dont see why anyone needs such a gun as gun owners and hunters we should be willing to help keep guns out of the wrong hands as for gun shows anyone and go buy a gun no matter who they are i think they should have to do back ground checks on everyone who wants to buy a gun anywhere even muzzleloaders
Well, that is your opinion. Are you saying that I can't hunt with an AR15? If so, then you are sadly mistaken. As to the so called gunshow loophole, if I remember correctly, FFL dealers are required to do background checks anyway. How about we try something totally insane in this country for a change? Lets enforce the laws we already have and prosecute those who are caught violating them.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Spike

why do you need ar15 to hunt with wheres the sort in that
Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it any less sport than hunting with a scoped center fire rifle? I am much more accurate and have more range with some of my centerfire bolt rifles than I do with an AR style rifle. Why do you think law abiding citizens should not be allowed to own AR style rifles? Please explain.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR47t0Qav10&NR=1
Old 11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

If I'm a law abiding US citizen, it's none of the Government's business (or yours) "why" I need to own one.

I own several guns that I don't hunt with, but I enjoy taking the to the range.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Also...everything that I have read reciently leads me to believe that the term "assault weapon" will incompase a huge amount of guns to include the Marlin model 60 .22 caliber and also the remington 1100 12 ga. solely because they are semiautomatic. Those are tow of my guns that will be considered assault weapons.....seriously!! Lord I hope I am wrong
Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Also...everything that I have read reciently leads me to believe that the term "assault weapon" will incompase a huge amount of guns to include the Marlin model 60 .22 caliber and also the remington 1100 12 ga. solely because they are semiautomatic. Those are tow of my guns that will be considered assault weapons.....seriously!! Lord I hope I am wrong

That is a very good point. Give those gun grabbin sob's an inch and they will try to take a mile.