Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bushnell Legend Riflescope

Old 12-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bushnell Legend Riflescope

Does anyone out there own a Bushnell Legend Scope. I have been comparing them to the 3200 Elite series and the Legend offers fully multi-coated optics and a slight bit more eye relief. It also states that it has 91% light transmission. The 3200 series is stated as providing 88% light transmission. The 3200 does have rainguard and the Legend does not. I do know in the past some scope manufacturers have labeled the same product with different names at different prices. Any info you can give will be appreciated.

On another note. I received a pair of Bushnell Legend 10X42 bino's as an early Xmas gift. These optics are brighter than a pair of Leupold Wind River 10X42's that my neighbor. My neighbor is a Leupold fan only owning their optical products. Even he admitted that he had rather own the Bushnell's. Also, his 3.5-10X50mm Vari-X III is not any brighter or clearer than my Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10X40mm scope. He says he is thinking about changing his mind about Leupold.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:26 PM

Default RE: Bushnell Legend Riflescope

I have been looking for more info on this particular scope as well but it has been few and far between. Seems like a good scope from all I can tell, with the only negative to me being the weight of the scope. Hopefully I will run across one at this weekend gun show and at least be able to compare it to the bushnell trophy and nikon prostaff scopes.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The legend is not a one piece tube construction like the Elite here is one big difference you never mentioned. As too how it compares; I have elites and my hunting partner bought a legend for his varmit rifle, my elite is no brighter but is clearer in my quick (albeit short) comparison. I think it is a decent scope but I also belief the Elite is probably one of the best scopes for its price range on the market today. So it really depeneds on the usage, if for a shotgun or ML the legends additional eye relief may be welcomed. For a heavy magnum I wouldn't even consider it though due to the 3 piece tube. Maybe somebody who has used one will chime, but if your happy with them elite why not just go that route.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:21 AM

LOOK AT NEW LEUPOLD RIFLEMEN SCOPE GOOD PRICE AND MADE IN USA