Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which full size truck to buy?

Old 11-25-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Which full size truck to buy?

I know this will open a can of worms but here goes. With all the full size trucks which would you chose. I really like the new fords but they dont come off the prices that much. Toyota and Chevy offer 60 months free money. Dodge dont know. Dont really like the way they look. The new Nissan might be something to consider also. Please dont go with this one will haul more than this one. The most I haul is a 4-wheeler or a ski boat. I just want a big truck for a growing family that I will keep for 10 years and 200000 miles.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which full size truck to buy?

Simple: Chevy Silverado 1500 series trucks! [:-] I was a diehard Ford man for decades, but Ford' s quality and twin I-beam suspension systems were not the best over the years, so I switched. Nissan, Toyota, etc.... Nope, can' t do it. No matter how good the quality is, I can' t buy a Foreign brand car - even it if' s made in USA, I just can' t do it.

Look at the Chevy Silverado' s. You won' t be sorry!

Butch
Old 11-25-2003, 05:44 AM

GMC Serria / Z71 extended cab.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

{imitating Homer Simpson}

Mmmmmmmm, GMC Sierra! [:-] Nice pickup! Exactly like my Chevy Silverado...

Getting back to Fords (sorry to p*$$ off the Ford fans)

Ford - Found On Road Dead
Ford backwards - Driver Returns On Foot

Okay, okay, okay.... To make it fair:

GMC - Got Mechanic Coming
Chevrolet - Can Hear Every Valve Rapping On Long Extended Trips

Butch
Old 11-25-2003, 07:00 AM

200.000 or ten years,my last Ford went 135,000,the transmission went.My cousin had a Toyota, and it had 145,000 and still going strong.

Joe
Old 11-25-2003, 02:37 PM

As a Ford Man, i gotta jump in here and say " Do yourself a favor, and get
the Best, because Ford never Rest' s" .

Ford Powerstroke Diesel, F-250 CrewCab.

You take care of it, and it will get you 3 maybe 4 hundred thousand miles.

More torque for pulling, climbing hills when towing, and more towing
capacity then a Chevy, GMC or Dodge.[

Get out and test drive them all. You will be impressed by the Ford, take
my word on it.

Good Luck
Old 11-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Ford is the best selling pick-up truck for the past 20+ years. Does that mean they are the best, no they just sell more than any other company.

I have a ' 98 Dodge Ram 1500 Extra Cab and love it. It has the 360 in it and is a gas hog. Would I buy it again, yes it was the best deal at the time and I love it. Would I buy a new Dodge, no I do not like the slanting windshield line. I am 6' 6" tall and need the head space with a more profound line like the older Dodges.

If I were buying a new truck I would look at the (in no particular order) Chevy Silverado and the new Ford F-150. I really like the looks of the new Ford and it is suppossed to be one of the quietest running trucks out there. But, you just can' t go wrong with a Chevy either.

I would never buy a Toyota or Nissan when looking at a full size truck. Too much money and they have not been out long enough to be considered reliable.

Good luck!
Matt
Old 11-25-2003, 04:20 PM

ford.f150.

found on rednecks driveway.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-27-2003, 12:01 PM

It' s down to the Chevy, F 150 and the Titan. Does anyone own a Nissan? Just read a post that showed the Titan do 0 - 60 in 6.9sec. That' s faster than any of the rest. fyi
Old 11-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned a few trucks but I always end up going back to a chevy. I now drive a 2000 silverado Z71 extended. Prior owned a 98 F150, reasons I went back to chev more room in the backseat for the family and a lake trip, better 4 wheel drive system, better gas economy & resale value(I don' t plan on selling her anytime soon, she has been a good girl[8D]). However I am not a fan of the new body style of chevy' s, so if I were looking I would be looking for a low mile 2002 on a lease return or something. The new F150 looks better than my 98 but the quad cab and small box are a no go for a quad, gear & game. Japs make a great product(reliabilty wise) but I really ain' t to sure they got what it takes for a full size truck and I hate their finish work[X(]. So if I just had to buy new I may have to switch my brand to either the F250 super duty or the Dodge Quad Cab[]. I have pals who run both these trucks and they seem very pleased, but I still have more who ride on 2002-92 chevs I' ll just stick to my 2000[8D]

Quick Reply: Which full size truck to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.