Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which full size truck to buy?

Old 12-03-2003, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Which full size truck to buy?

I own both a 2001 Chevy Suburban, nice engine raps out quick, and is fast. Has 410 gears with the 5.3, can't tow very well even though it was designed to. Looks good anf gets descent gass mileage for the boat that it is. Love the interior. Can't say much about the new designed front end on the Chevy's don't like it much. I do like the front end on the GMC's though I do believe it is different, as is what my ole man has.

Ford owned them all my life, can't go wrong with a diesel if you have the money, I like the new 2004's, would love to have a FX4 with a 6 or so inch lift. 2004 completely re-designed interior can't say much about it don't like it much but is better than the older interior. Love the exterior.

I have a 2000 model 4x4 Ford, has been re-programmed and gets excellent gas mileage is fast with all the upgrades and large tires and a big load won't slow it down as bad as does my Suburban. It has the 5.4 litre with 3.55 gears front and rear. Don't like the interior at all it is Tan leather, the seats are already cracking and the tan steering wheel is turning black. Ford would not back up that it they are deffective and replace them. Said it was normal ware and tear. I say el-toro cocka on that they are cheap leather seats. Love the truck though.

Foreign I say no way, dodge like the new ones roomy interior but boxy as well. Hemi? maybe but won't take my truck in drag. Probably would if mine wasn't re-programmed.

Old 12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I am glad you guys enjoy your GM products....I wonder how many trade them frequently or run them hard and put over 100,000 miles on it...I havent seen too many that make it over 100,000 without major driveline problems....
Sold a chevy S-10 that had 256,000 on it. Never burned or leaked oil. Friend has an older diesel with 750,000 on it. Neighbor farmer guy has on older 3/4 ton 454 with 760,000 on it, runs like new. My dad has an older gas with 200,000 on it. blah blah blah. Bottom line IMO is take care of em, and most anything will last. Even a Ford!

As for the nissans and toyotas and all the other commie trucks out there, sorry man but the last time I checked I live in America, not Japan. Stick to your own turf or move to japan.[:@]
Old 12-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thought - you want 0-60 speed, buy a vet dude. It's a truck man.

One piece of advise especially for a family, whatever you do, get a crew cab 4-door. You'll love it!
Old 12-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't speak for Nissan but Toyota trucks are built in good ol USA!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:02 PM

buy American the job you save could be your own...
Old 12-03-2003, 07:20 PM

my family has always been a ford family, i got a chevy truck real cheap cus of hail, the best truck ever made, i will not go back to ford for trucks, cars yes. i have a 99 1500 Z71. love it, so will u!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

Can't speak for Nissan but Toyota trucks are built in good ol USA!
And you think after the few dollars they pay someone to put it together here that the rest of the money is staying in USA? Last time I checked, toyota was a jap company. I've lost my job twice to foreign goods. Why would you ever want to support another country's economy? rebel wolf put it a good way too - keep buying foreign goods and it may be your job lost and no way to pay for the very thing that caused you to lose your job. Keep buying foreign goods and we'll have no way to manufacture a thing around this county, and then what will we fight with? Throw some information at our enemies? Sorry, I know this is getting off the subject of the original thread but I will never hesitate to tell anyone what a complete idiotic fool they are for buying foreign goods, especially a big ticket item such as a vehicle. Live here? Buy here or lose your job![:@] Sorry. Done now.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Badshot, please enroll in some remedial reading classes as you can't seem to read or comprehend my posts.
Ok here goes...this only applies to gasoline powered 4x4 pickups
[quote][My preferences are:

1> 2004 Ford F150 absolutely the best pickup out there bar none
2> Toyota Tundra
3> Nissan Full Size Pickup

/quote]

As you can plainly see my preference for a Pickup would be an American Pickup. Just because its not a Chevy or other GM product you have to get a little abusive with your remarks. This will be my final say on this matter. Your views ares fine we after all live in a free country. From your narrow perspective just bare in mind that there is probably more American content parts in a Tundra or Nissan pickup then there are in an American Pickup which are composed of a lot of parts "Hecho en Mexico" and other Countries as well. I value 30,000 dollars and don't want to pi*s it away on something of questionable value. Seeing as where you are from I am not surprised at your post or your lack of knowledge concerning a World economy. Have a Good Day
Old 12-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

You talk out both sides of your mouth oldelk, typical of a brainwashed fool. You say "preferences" and include commie trucks. You turn around and say "preference" (singular vs. plural in case YOU need remedial reading), proceeded by being proud that your first choice is an American product. So please, do not belittle me with suggesting I am not educated. You are the one that is obviously not educated. World economy? Are you that brainwashed that you see us in a world economy? Let me ask you this then - how much do we export vs. how much commie trash comes into this country everyday? If we were truly in a "world or global economy", wouldn't you think that we would be exporting just as much? When is the last time you checked the trade deficit with china? You think these people are our friends? Read Daniel, and Revelation. Have you looked at the newspapers lately? How many days in a row can we go without there being news of layoffs and thousands of people losing their jobs? You think this is because of a great "world economy"? Or because we as a nation rely on other nations to supply our needs and conveniently take our money while they're at it. I drive GM products, but can site plenty of examples where Dodge and Ford trucks go the long haul. I'm not against any American product but am against foreign companies buying us and our freedom out slowly. And no, it's not because I'm from Detroit, it's because I'm an American, a partriot, a Christian, and mostly because I have some common sense. Good day.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Allow me to retract this part of my statement:

Friend has an older diesel with 750,000 on it.
Since indeed you were only referring to gasoline engines.

Quick Reply: Which full size truck to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.