Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Question on climbing treestands >

Question on climbing treestands

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Question on climbing treestands

Old 11-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question on climbing treestands

Have you looked at BuckSHot Treestands..I own a centershot and it is a very nice stand
Old 11-18-2003, 03:03 PM

I bought the Broadhead Backpacker about 5 weeks ago. Awesome. Dang near as comfortable as sitting in the recliner at home. I am getting pretty good at setting it up now. Easy and quiet. Packs like a dream.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Oldelkhunter. Buckshot does make some really nice stands. I have the Bigshot. Although it weighs in at 24 pounds I' ve carried mine in over a mile and it doesn' t seem all that bad. During archery you sit with your back to the tree and during gun you face the tree. It' s very comfortable and safe.

http://www.buckshot-stands.com/
Old 11-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Ballistictip ..I' m not to far from you I live in Kernersville
Old 11-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, you are close. Guess I always figured with a name like Oldelkhunter you were from out west. I' ve got to go up to Kernersville pretty soon, well actually Walkertown. Looking to get my son his first deer rifle. Dealt with a place called The Gun Rack. Super nice guy and had really good prices too. Ever heard of them?
Old 11-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats because I hunt out West about every year and Elk is what I like hunting the most. Gun Rack moved out of Walkertown is now located on highway 66 Kville about 1 mile from my house.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you told me that before I made the trip out there. Do you know if their phone number is still the same? I' ve never done any elk hunting but looks like it would be tons of fun. I' ve been told they' ve put some elk out here in the mountains but it' s been a while since I' ve heard anything about it. I remember a couple of years ago I was down in Reynolds, GA on a business trip. Riding down the road there were about 15 elk out in a pecan orchard. it was surounded by a 10 to 12 foot fence. I was amazed at how big those things were.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gun Racks number is the same as before although he has a new number but I don' t have it....
Old 12-13-2003, 06:48 PM

Hi, Smokpole.

I was in the same boat with you until I puchased a Summit Goliath today. I had researched all the brands and models, features and prices. No matter how much time you invest in your research, there is going to be a trial period before you determine if you made the right decision. By the way, I agree with your four criteria for tree stand selection. I don't think any other hunter would disagree as well. However, two additional factors should be considered: 1) what physical shape you are in and 2) what distances will you be packing the stand.

In the end, I chose the Summit Goliath over my two other semifinalists; the Grand Ol'Man and the Lone Wolf seat climber. The Ol'Man was least expensive and the Lone Wolf was most hi-tech in manufacture and least weight. All three ranged from 19 - 22 pounds. I chose the summit, for the following reasons: 1) I wanted the most comfortable stand that I could stay in all day, 2) I wanted the fewest steps involved in getting set-up, and 3) I wanted the most quietest stand with the fewest moving parts. In the end, the Summit came out tops in my selection. Did I make the best selection? Only days in the woods will answer this question. However, if I'm not satisfied, I will continue to buy different stands until I find the right one. These things are not like cars where we get to test drive them.

Good Luck with your selection and Happy Hunting !
Old 12-15-2003, 03:20 PM

Hi,We have two API climbers the extreme Bowhunter.This is a very good stand.It is very quite and not hard to put up.This stand will hold 275 pounds,it only weighs 17 pounds.This stand is not much at all only $175.It is very easy to climb with.This was my first stand and I don't plan on changing.I would take my time and pick the right one.Good Luck

Quick Reply: Question on climbing treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.