Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD >

Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD

Old 11-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Spike

Default Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD

Hi All,
Got a Summit climber last year and got to use it a few times. Really like it but one problem I found was the shoulder straps seemed to put all the weight on my upper back/high mid shoulders; this caused the muscles to just start screaming at me after a few hundred yards. I'm 61 now and not in shape like I used to be; gonna work on the shoulders. Anyway, do any of you have suggestions for a decent pair of shoulder straps I could get? The stock straps just suck I think. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

They work for me.

I know a guy that straps it to a frame pack that distributes the weight better for him.

-Jake
Old 11-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

I'm moving this thread to the equipment section.

-Jake
Old 11-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm moving this thread to the equipment section.

-Jake
Old 11-10-2019, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think you can try adjusting the straps on the stand to different places to try and help move things,
can maybe try adding an adjustable hip strap too, maybe have a look on craiglist and facebook if you do that, and try and find a old broken backpack leave blower , and salvage the straps off it, and use on stand to help carry the load better

but I doubt your going to find a big improvement
there just a pain to carry far IMO

one thing I can add here, is HOW you attach the climber to the stand also can help change the weight and how it rides on your back

I used a lone wolf and even used to strap my back pack to the stand to help make it easier for ME< and were all different on what we tolerate/like

but having the hip strap helped me a LOT, still wasn;t fun to go far with, but made it better than how it came from the factory
Old 01-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Spike

I have removed those straps and put my backpack straps through the foot platform and have used the backpack as my shoulder straps. Carries my gear and is much more comfortable than the original straps. Other options are to buy some add on ones, which are $20 and up, or you can make your own with some webbing and other materials for the padding. Also, using the backpack, I can make it so the stand sits higher on my back - no more rubbing of the back of my legs on the stand, which was extremely annoying and sometimes painful.