Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Unisulated boots reviews

Old 05-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default Unisulated boots reviews

I am in the market for a pair of un insulated waterproof boots. I have tried the underarmor and they suck. I've put up with them for 2 seasons and can't take it anymore lol. They sprung a leak the first time out and have been extremely uncomfortable this year.

I'm looking for early deer season and still comfortable enough to walk the miles turkey hunting. I've used regular hiking boots and may just go back to them if I can't find a good quality hunting boot.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I recently got a pair of Danner Pronghorn uninsulated boots and they are great for early deer season and turkey season. Have used them for 2 seasons so far with no problems yet.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

The Danner pronghorn are the most comfortable boot right out of the box I ever owned. I have had a pair for at least 10 years and they are still in good shape.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I experimented last winter

using some uninsulated desert military boots with winter wool felt gaiters, in 7 degree weather. Made the boots waterproofed myself with a recipe from an automotive department.

Worked great, but I'm afraid there's not much of a market for 20 year old gaiters and old technology. Plus us retirees look for saving money, like Russian Siberian trappers.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:17 AM
Spike

I would check out Lacrosse rubber boots. They are the only pair I have owned, so I can't compare, but they work for me. I have the Alphalite snake boots, but I'd go cheaper and lighter than those of you aren't worried about snakes.