Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

vortex optics?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ctiller4
just got some vortex razor 10x42 binos. Love them! Just wondering if anyone else has used vortex? Pros/cons? Was considering Swarovski and Leica, but they were higher in price and after a side-by-side test outside at cabelas, didn't prove to warrant the higher price. Also, Vortex has a much better warranty!!
first and last light is where you'll notice there is a very big difference ,not looking through them in a store. imo, swarovskis are much, much better in low light . and they last. I am hard on binos but I have had mine for 20 plus years . only problems I have ever had with them is I had to replace eyecups twice . both times swarovski replaced them , quickly,at 0 charge. I have found their costumer service to be excellant and personally will never again buy any other brand.

ALL that said, if you are happy with your vortex and they do what you need, kudos.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kidoggy
first and last light is where you'll notice there is a very big difference ,not looking through them in a store. imo, swarovskis are much, much better in low light . and they last. I am hard on binos but I have had mine for 20 plus years . only problems I have ever had with them is I had to replace eyecups twice . both times swarovski replaced them , quickly,at 0 charge. I have found their costumer service to be excellant and personally will never again buy any other brand.

ALL that said, if you are happy with your vortex and they do what you need, kudos.
i would agree that they're probably better in low light and while i'm very much for buying hunting gear that is meant to last i have a tough time justifying the cost of glass that's almost 3x more than my vipers were. kudos accepted.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone I know that has a Vortex Optic loves them. Dad just got a pair of Vortex Binos, has a vortex viper pst that has been great on hunts especially when we were doing crop depredation hunts and shooting out to 600 yards. All my friends that have them said the clarity is great and is great in low light conditions. I did have one friend that had a problem he called Vortex they paid for his shipping both ways and had the scope back to him in a week. And from the reviews I have read on their customer service it seems outstanding. You won't be disappointed I am currently trying to save for one to.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Spike

I never believed the saying “you get what you pay for” until I went on my fathers desert bighorn hunt. He rented some Swarovski 15x56’s and a scope. This was the first time I had spent any time looking through Swaro’s and I was amazed. I went from an accomplished hunter who would never spend that kind of hard earned money on a pair of binoculars to a guy that had to find a way to own some. After purchasing my binoculars and tripod/head my style of hunting even started to change, for the better. I don’t dread sitting and looking over large country in fact I enjoy it. I have increased my success and I have increased the quality of critters I have taken because of shear numbers. Everyone has an opinion, mine is buy whatever you can afford (maybe rent first?) and get a tripod. At least out west where I am. Good luck!
Btw, Vortex are middle of the road optics in my opinion. Generally a good value but still under Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:55 AM
Spike

Yes, I have experience using Vortex rifle scopes including the Strike Eagle scope. Overall, Vortex is a highly respected brand in the firearms and optics industry, known for producing high-quality and reliable products at reasonable prices.

The Strike Eagle scope in particular is a popular choice for tactical shooters and hunters alike. It offers a versatile 1-6x magnification range, making it suitable for both close-range and long-distance shooting. Additionally, the illuminated reticle is clear and easy to use in a variety of lighting conditions.

One of the biggest pros of the Strike Eagle is its durability. Vortex is known for producing rugged optics that can withstand heavy use and abuse, and the Strike Eagle is no exception. It's made from high-quality materials and is built to last, even in challenging environments.

That being said, some users may find the weight of the Strike Eagle to be a bit on the heavy side. Additionally, while the 1-6x magnification range is versatile, it may not be ideal for shooters who require higher magnification for long-range shooting.