Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

vortex optics?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Spike

Question vortex optics?

just got some vortex razor 10x42 binos. Love them! Just wondering if anyone else has used vortex? Pros/cons? Was considering Swarovski and Leica, but they were higher in price and after a side-by-side test outside at cabelas, didn't prove to warrant the higher price. Also, Vortex has a much better warranty!!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've never owned any vortex optics, personally. I've borrowed a friend's binoculars, and I was pretty impressed. Next time I'm in the market, I will definitely put them at the top of my list of options. Heck, their warranty alone makes them well worth considering.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

"No questions asked" warranties are great; if the company has been around for 50 years or so !!!

However, high quality optics really shine in low light conditions and extreme contrasting light conditions.

Are they worth $2,000.................. I leave that decision to you and your family !?!?

BTW - I do hear very good things about Vortex.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned the vortex rangefinder for about two years. The main use is archery and crossbow and it has worked flawlessly. That said I would not hesitate to purchase their other products.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

i've got a pair of 10/42 viper binoculars and the scope on my muzzleloader is also vortex. i will never replace those binoculars if i can avoid it as they've been awesome. the next scope i buy will likely be another vortex as well.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

"No questions asked" warranties are great; if the company has been around for 50 years or so !!!

Vortex Optics began in 2004

Leupold started in 1907

I will repeat - "I have heard very good things about Vortex."

Just Food for thought.................................

Last edited by Sheridan; 09-17-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend that has the 10x Razor binoculars. I have used them and was able to compare them to some others.

They are good quality binoculars that are imported from Japan and rebranded with the importer's name (Vortex). I think you will be happy with them and the warranty should be good for as long as the importer stays in business.

The pair that I used compared fairly well with other models in their price range.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Spike

I have a set of Vortex binos and love them however, Swarovski binos are hard to beat. As mentioned earlier, you may not see a huge difference in the middle of the day but you will see a huge difference in low light conditions with the Swarovskis being the better set of optics. If you don't have the money for Swarovski's though, Vortex is pretty hard to beat. I love my Vortex optics and I'm sure you will love yours as well.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

I've had a couple Range Finders. I got a Vortex last year. It rocks and is better than the others I have owned.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of the Razor 8 x 42 that I used all last year in W. Texas. They are well made and tough and are at least equal to if not better than some higher priced optics. Very clear and low light performance is very good. Warranty is the best in the business. My next scope purchase will be a Vortex. If your budget is tight, the new Nikon Monarch 7 line is an excellent option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.