Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Help finding a hooded camo rain jacket >

Help finding a hooded camo rain jacket

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Help finding a hooded camo rain jacket

Old 01-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan
$20 ???

I know this is a big decision, but even if it lasts one season you've gotten your monies worth !!!

By the way, I don't have a lot of money but nothing beats having good gear.
Thats true, just not sure if the specs of it are good or junk
Old 01-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Spike

I always wear my US issue ECWCS in rainy, drizzle, or even snow. Its cut large, has 3 or 4 layers of gortex, and all seams are heavily taped with gore. If it get cold, I can easily layer up, the Gen 1 have the most goretex, and the zippered pit vents keep ya from over heating if you're climbing or humping.. I am on my third one. If you look online, you'll see 3 layer gorex parka will run 400 minimum, (Goretex website tells how many layers, and what they name it as they add layers, like paclight is the thinnest, only one layer, but running $90-200.00)
Anyway, you can find the US Mil spec parka on ebay still wrapped in plastic for under 100 bucks (I don't ask how they got it either), then team it up with the matching over pants for 75 or less (worth every dime, knee high zippers with large Velcro cuffs, pocket cuts to access you inner pant pockets, I typically just wear under armor, or wader under liners.. That's where I got my last set, and cut a deal on both for 125. after contacting the seller.

Stuff is really hard to beat at that price, and its very durable, once ya break it in, it will soften up, but its not as quiet as ambush, or some of the cabelas stuff quiet stuff, pants will make a wish, wish noise. The hood is cut big, bit sinches tight, with room for a knit, or ball cap, has a small brim on the hood as well. There is also two hidden pockets chest height near the zipper on both sides with Velcro closures for your knit hat, or gloves.. and had a snow/spray skirt in side. I also get those small plastic quick locks at wal mart 9Camping section 5 for 2.00) for the hood and waist closures, for easy use with glove, no knot tying)
Here is what I found tonight on ebay when I researched it..
Like I said though Gen I are the most water proof breathable, later gens offer more pocket options, and camo choices.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...kw=ecwcs+parka

The real GI issue is wrapped like this. This one is a large for 79.95 with free shipping.. I think this one is Gen II by the camo pattern, GEN I is only eastern woodland as far as I know
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ACU-ECWC...item4ae28d1b51

Also great for late season fishing and boating on the river, you will not feel any wind, ever at 50 MPH go through it, and it breathes well, so you're never clammy.

Last edited by Tollster; 01-05-2015 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling and hyperlinks